I'm rather nonplussed about blocks, and therefore haven't played with them much. However, the new freehand blocks offer the freedom to stick stuff in weird places should I choose, but keep whole sections in nice boxes that I can move around with abandon. Worth a look at, I thought.

In the example below, I imported a freehand block, and then:
I dragged the 2 images onto the page, resized them and dragged them into the block. I then created a text block and dragged that into the block also.
Q) If the height of the block is greater than the largest image, how can I reduce the height of the block without dragging the images out of it first?

I now created a variant, leaving the default setting of 480px.
I want to move the text (off page in the variant) and position it under the first image. Simply dragging the text underneath the image makes the image increase in size and the text sit on top.
Okay, I'll alter the height of the block by dragging the bottom of it. That crops the images.
I'll try dragging the right side of the block to the width of the page. That also crops the images.
Typing a size into the width box does nothing.
I tried Shift, Ctrl and Alt whilst dragging. Toggling Smart Transform and Aspect Ratio off and on. Nothing.

Alright. I'll drag the objects out of the block, adjust the block, then pop the objects back. This appeared to work, except having to guess the height required made me come to the realisation this was not the correct way to do it. A quick check of the main variant. The main had mimicked the other variant and things were all over the place.

I considered the Cognac bottle, thought better of it as I had only just finished breakfast, and wrote this instead.

What fundamental mistake am I making here? Attached is the .xar with just the images and text. No variant, no editing other than resizing.

Freehand Blocks.xar