Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default buttons not working on mobile variant, fine on main variant

I am having an issue with buttons on one of my sites. The buttons work fine on the Main Variant but not on the mobile. I have checked the code in the placeholder ands they match.
    I tried to upload the .xar file but evidently its bigger than allowed (27,000 KB)
    This is my first visit so please be gentle to a newbie...lol
    how can I upload the file for you to see?

Default Re: buttons not working on mobile variant, fine on main variant

actually you have been here before:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...697#post584697

although you did not reply to Gary's suggestion; maybe you forgot

you can try zipping, but that is still a 10MB limit - maybe you can copy your file and edit it to just show the issue, or publish it somewhere online and provide URL ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Create a new, blank site. Create a mobile variant, also blank.
    On your existing site, right-click any page in the Page & Layer Gallery and choose Copy Page.
    Go to your new, blank site and right-click the Page & Layer Gallery and choose Paste Page.

Save it and upload to here.

Talking Re: buttons not working on mobile variant, fine on main variant

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    actually you have been here before:https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...697#post584697although you did not reply to Gary's suggestion; maybe you forgot you can try zipping, but that is still a 10MB limit - maybe you can copy your file and edit it to just show the issue, or publish it somewhere online and provide URL ?
    You are correct. I didn't realize I had posted.... been so long https://eldonnazarene.faith

Hi Songweaver, Chris is saying to upload a xar file of a single page of your website. i.e. a .xar or .web file. You are giving the url (web address) of your website NOT a xar file ;-)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@songreader. Regarding your button problem. I dont think you want a whole nav bar of buttons in your phone variant.
    You may want a single button or symbol that is a drop down menu.

The nav bar on your main site, is somewhat Independant from your phone variant. You can adjust by a right click on the one button in the phone variant to make your menu go down vertically. Link your pages in the dialogue box.

Also repeating on all pages means that it’s repeated on that variant only. It does not include the phone variant. Hope that answers some of your questions.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Songweaver View Post
    You are correct. I didn't realize I had posted.... been so long. Here's the URL.... https://eldonnazarene.faith
    I hope this is what you need to look at my issue. Matt at Xara says the buttons 'are' working, but when I'm on my phone it is still the same..... the buttons don't open to the spot where the user can get to the sermons, (either live or previous sermons). I copied and pasted the buttons from the Main Variant and that still gives me the same result. The screen on my phone opens up to a url at the top and several choices like 'copy' 'copy link' etc... when I copy link it takes me back to the url..... I click on that and it opens to where I want it to go. Evidently, something isn't 'kosher'... Any ideas guys? Thanks for looking at this for me. I'm stumped.

it's not the Nav Bar..... IT's the two buttons that are supposed to take you to the "live sermon" or the "previous sermons" on the home page beneath the Nav Bar

OH..... sorry.... Let me figure that out and resend. I thought it would help to see it from the phone's perspective..... my bad