Hello

Has anyone here upgraded from Xara Designer Pro X v19 to v20 (perpetual)?

I have always rather loved XDP, however I only use it occasionally and almost never use it professionally, so A) I would only ever buy a Perpetual version, and B) even then financially speaking, spending the £120 for an upgrade definitely be 'an indulgence'!

MY USE
I have a 4K screen running Windows 10 x64. I use XDP for quick engineering-type sketch diagrams (using a lot of semi-transparency), partly just because I am used to it. I also do a bit of editing of random PDF files using XDP. For many years now one of the most irritating things to me about Xara is they way they have implemented arrow heads to terminate BEYOND the end of the line, but it seems like Xara will never fix that. Likewise, drawing circular radiuses on shapes remains almost impossible too for some reason, but I am assuming Xara won't implement that either.

Nonetheless there are one or two small bugs in v19 that are irritating. Also Xara (very) occasionally crashes. And PDF editing can be a bit flaky. And on a 4K screen the grid can be almost impossible to see!

If you have tried it, what do you make of v20?

J