Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XARA V11 Reibnstall Upgrade Error

WELL - We are there AGAIN.
    On January 9th we had a blizzard - I forgot to turn off my WIFI. Windows did another update during the storm & naturally during the update we lost power. Windows itself was corrupted on the 10th when power came back on. After reloading Windows, XARA was gone. Reloaded it OK to the default locations from my CD. When run the CD loaded version, it says UPDATE: XARA Web Designer 11 Premium.
    clicking the Update Button gets: "Automatic Check Failed: The Update has been checked and is corrupt. Installation has been cancelled."

I need Help to find a good Update File...........

Long Ago, I "had" already downloaded an Update File: Web_Designer_Premium_11_Update_11.2.5.42127_en-GB.exe But when I run that it tells me that in order to install the Update, I need to first install XARA (Which has already been done).

Thanks In Advance Ron

Default Re: XARA V11 Reibnstall Upgrade Error

I would contact xara on their website chat - they will probably need to know what 'reloading windows' means: reinstalled? reinstalled from backup? reinstalled from scratch?

a screenshot of the update message might help

you may need to clear your windows temp folder, it could be that there is a 'corrupt' installation file still there blocking the update process [unless you installed windows from scratch] but I am guessing

following on from here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...013#post659013
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    WELL - We are there AGAIN.
    On January 9th we had a blizzard - I forgot to turn off my WIFI. Windows did another update during the storm & naturally during the update we lost power. Windows itself was corrupted on the 10th when power came back on. After reloading Windows, XARA was gone. Reloaded it OK to the default locations from my CD. When run the CD loaded version, it says UPDATE: XARA Web Designer 11 Premium.
    clicking the Update Button gets: "Automatic Check Failed: The Update has been checked and is corrupt. Installation has been cancelled."

I need Help to find a good Update File...........

Long Ago, I "had" already downloaded an Update File: Web_Designer_Premium_11_Update_11.2.5.42127_en-GB.exe But when I run that it tells me that in order to install the Update, I need to first install XARA (Which has already been done).

Thanks In Advance Ron
    Ron, a re-install of the CD version is what you bought. You also need to check if you have installed the 64-bit or 32-bit version.
    It is possible the Update file is for the other installation.
    If 64-bit, your install path might be C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer 11 Premium.
    If 32-bit, your install path might be C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Web Designer 11 Premium.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

Thank You

I uninstalled the 64 bit version from my Windows 10 Desktop PC and installed the 32 bit version from my CD..
    Sure enough, the "Web_Designer_Premium_11_Update_11.2.5.42127_e n-GB.exe" file is for the 32 bit version & it installed OK.
    My Xara is now back to where it was before the crash.

I am unsure as to why I originally (back in 1917) installed a 32 bit version on my 64 bit Windows 10 System, especially since your install program gives me a "warning" that I am installing a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine?????

Is there a "fix" available for the 64 bit version Upgrade corruption error?
    I would certainly like to change to the 64 bit version unless the 64 bit version will force me to upgrade the 1400+ Recipes for RonKsKitchen.com that I have created & uploaded using the 32 bit version.

Thanks for your help
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    I am unsure as to why I originally (back in 1917) installed a 32 bit version on my 64 bit Windows 10 System, especially since your install program gives me a "warning" that I am installing a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine?????

Is there a "fix" available for the 64 bit version Upgrade corruption error?
    I would certainly like to change to the 64 bit version unless the 64 bit version will force me to upgrade the 1400+ Recipes for RonKsKitchen.com that I have created & uploaded using the 32 bit version.

Thanks for your help
    Ron
    Ron, it is not my install program; I have nothing to do with Xara. Just another punter.

The upgrade file is for 32-bit alone and so it not corrupt.
    You probably need to see if you have something like "Xara Web Designer Premium 11.2.5.42127 DL x64 Dec 9 2015.exe" on your system. This is only a guess but you mentioned it in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r-7028-k-xp-gn.

This link https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...remium-11.html shows a possible 64-bit patch.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn

My Bad - - - After all of the tons of FANTASTIC help you have given me over the years, I just mistakenly assumed that you were actually working for Xara.

I will go to Xara's website & see what I can find.

Thanks Again
    Ron