Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Attempting a 'light-box' effect in Xara

Old age can be a real bummer. I watched a video on FB the other day and it was instructions on how to make a picture frame with a photo inside, then by switching on an internal light it showed sunlight shading and a blurred garden scene through the windows. I liked the effect and thought I'd give it a try in Xara.

Problem is having recreated it in Xara I can no longer find the original FB video. I used to have a memory!

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Attempting a 'light-box' effect in Xara

Heh heh. The senior moments come more and more often.

Nice effect with the sunlight. Try adding some Feathering to the sunlight pattern and use a linear transparency to have the intensity fade on the longer end of the sunbeam.

Found the youtube inspiration video HERE

Gary I agree re the feathering but the problem is that light is sharper near the object allowing the sunlight through and needs feathering further away from the object allowing the sunlight through.

Can't agree on having the intensity fade on the longer end of the sunbeam. This would be true of a table lamp but sunlight wouldn't change with intensity over that distance.

HERE is an updated version attempting to add feathering with distance which is over exagerated in this case.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Only saying...

Sunlight comes from a orb that is half a degree wide.
    This works out that sunlight passing a sharp edge blurs out by one inch to every eight feet. (Distance Sun to each / Sun Diameter = 109.1).
    Your Garden/Sunlight is almost spot on.

...just add in the specular and diffuse reflections of sun, garden, dress and floor.

Using Xara with multiple layers as a virtual light box is far more intuitive.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Interesting that AI is not aware of the fact that if there is no window there can be no window pane shadow. But you get the point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_396c9bd1-a775-4c7b-a9fd-09f634adaa4e.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	134416  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Interesting that AI is not aware of the fact that if there is no window there can be no window pane shadow. But you get the point.
    The first evidence of Dark Energy!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't know if it's Dark Energy with AI or the same as 'To Many Fingers in the Pie' whereby it can create a stunningly beautiful photo realistic image of a woman but gives her seven fingers.
    Egg

I had asked for a damsel looking out from a castle window. And in the small version the damsel looks convincing. But when I zoom way in to create an outline around the figure I discovered she has a lion's face. Or at least it looks that way to me. Same with her hands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Damsel.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	466.7 KB 
ID:	134420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	507.4 KB 
ID:	134421  

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I don't know if it's Dark Energy with AI or the same as 'To Many Fingers in the Pie' whereby it can create a stunningly beautiful photo realistic image of a woman but gives her seven fingers.
    I'm sure that's just dark matter.

Acorn