Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone interested on selling an old version of Xara Xtreme?

Hi, I'm searching for an old version of Xara Xtreme to buy, no luck on ebay or amazon.
    Has anyone a phisical copy of Xara Xtreme (pro or normal, version 3 or 4 or 5) to sell and ship to Italy?
    I can pay by paypal.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Andrea

Default Re: Anyone interested on selling an old version of Xara Xtreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinox View Post
    Hi, I'm searching for an old version of Xara Xtreme to buy, no luck on ebay or amazon.
    Has anyone a phisical copy of Xara Xtreme (pro or normal, version 3 or 4 or 5) to sell and ship to Italy?
    I can pay by paypal.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Andrea
    Andrea, welcome to TalkGraphics.

There is still a link from Xara for XX4: http://site.xara.com/downloads/xtreme/download.asp.
    This accesses https://downloads.xara.com/downloads...remepro4dl.exe (version 4).
    I changed the 4 to a 5 and a download still happened.

What I have not done is install either as I already have XX5 installed. I do not know if these can be registered on-line or if there is a free licence number for either.

For a manual, you still have the Help (CHM) file and you could possibly buy Bouton's The Official Guide for XX5 from eBay.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Andrea, welcome to TalkGraphics.

(...)

Acorn
    Thank you for your reply... The links are very useful.
    All the official DL versions require a serial number to activate after the end of the trial period, and it's not possible to register them online.
    I've already asked to the official Xara support if it's possible to purchase or activate an old version, and the answer is no...
    So i'm searching for a physical version, posting in this forum is my last chance!
    Regards, Andrea.

somewhere I have a copy of xtreme [2005], before I go looking for it is it one you might want?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    somewhere I have a copy of xtreme [2005], before I go looking for it is it one you might want?
    sorry, according to wikipedia versions 3 to 5 are between 2007 - 2009, so no...
    thanks anyway, andrea.

ok

acorn mentioned version 5; I feel sure there was a free edition, but it might have been limited in fuctionality; I might have a copy of that somewhere
    Nothing lasts forever...

Question Re: Anyone interested on selling an old version of Xara Xtreme?

Andrea, I have a near mint XX3.0 Pro:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240111_224249.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	134412

The Licence Number is on the back of the box in my name.
    Is this what you want or need?

I have XX4.0 & XX5.0 activation code emails separately with no physical copy.

I would like to understand why you need this before we discuss any sale.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

saved me a trip to the back of the garage tomorrow
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I would like to understand why you need this before we discuss any sale.
    Acorn
    my two boys have each an old (and offline) xp desktop computer they can use the way they want. on those machines those version of xara are fast as hell, inkscape doesn't run very well. boys showed serious interest in computer graphics, and i think that xara is the best choice for them, an excellent quality software. the demos are amazing.
    i'm interested in everything you got (xx3 box, xx4 and 5 codes), so, if you want, give me a price. my mail is spinox@tiscali.it
    thanks, andrea.

Andrea, thank you. I will pull things together. I may have Bouton's Official Guide somewhere as well.
    I will email you details soon.

Acorn