Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fonts on mobile versions

It's been a while since I was here, good to see the (dare I say old) familiar names still answering questions. Happy New Year.

I love how when you share a photo with a variant you can resize it and Xara does not resize the desktop version - perfect.

But, on mobile I want a larger text, but if I change the font size on the mobile the desk top changes also. The result is, I have to share, then stop sharing to change the font size - the result is if I later see a typo or want to change the text, I have to remember to change on the other variant.

1 - Is this a problem for anyone else?

2 - Is there a work around for this - would love to share text without sizing link, like you can share photos without sizing.

3 - As I'm look to revamp my website I've been looking at a few general design videos - and frankly nobody ever says "make sure the fonts larger on Mobile" - is it taken for granter or not normally done?

Default Re: Fonts on mobile versions

Ok, I'm answering my own question. I am guessing this is a feature that has been added in the last few years, as I really don't recall it being there before.

But I've now noticed there is an "update 'normal text' in this variant" option.

Now I can set one font size in Mian and a different font size in mobile and any change to the text itself will be made in both variants but will have different font sizes.

Turan, I'm glad you found the answer.

It is a little more complicated as I believe Xara has only done half a job.
    @Xara - In changing a Paragraph Style that is a dependency for other Paragraph Styles, you ought to ask if the change cascades to a list of those Styles in a checkbox format.
    I'm sure it would get messy for more than a single Variant as the list would need to be a matrix and the cascade quite squirrely.

Knowledge Base:
    Web Designer and Designer Pro: When you are working on a web document with responsive web design variants, it is possible to update a Text Style for an individual variant. This is useful for example when you need the text in a mobile variant to be a larger and/or different font. To update the style for an individual variant, change the text as above and then select Update 'style name' in this variant from the Style drop down menu on the Text InfoBar. This is an additional option that is shown in the Styles menu when you are working in a document that has multiple variants.
    Not much for people to work to.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm sticking to desktop and mobile. So it seems to be working - thanks for your reply.