Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Corrupt live website

acorn has covered purging your host files, which would have been my suggestion too, and he uses xara for sites which I do not

that said you say this is new hosting for your site, which to me sounds like it is as likely to be a difference in the hosting requirements as a change in xara...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I checked the links again and it seems that ezee solved the issues. Curious to know what was wrong and how it was fixed.

Thumbs up Re: Corrupt live website

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It shouldn't matter a jot if you created the design in v19 and moved to a Plus version as the Preview is OK.
    It's more likely that you are not uploading everything.

The only difference I can think of is the default export setting for Plus is HTML. Preview will be fine. Upload will be fine but the serving back on the old server will look for index.htm and not index.html.
    I don't think you have this conflict.

Can you export from Plus to a sub-folder and the live site and check if this matches Preview?
    If so, you need to purge the old site's contents and republish from Plus into the old site's location.

Acorn
    Good morning Acorn , and thank you for your responce..

I think you hit the nail on the head right at the beginning :
    "When you lay over an existing website, you have a collage of old and new. Your Service Provider has a server cache update policy in place so immediate changes are probably not going to happen unless you have a function to flush server cache (c.f., Cloudflare). Say, you add a new font or set a bit to be bold. The CSS for this new change will be blocked so the web page relies on the older code and if it is knocked off by one, almost all the texts goes wacko."

I have checked to day , and the changes i have made . are reflected correctly !!

I've learnt something here .. . Thank you

Phew!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

indeed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    indeed
    THank you