Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Location of Default Templates Folder XDP 19

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Quick and clear as usual. Thanks, Acorn.

I placed an empty file, A4 Portrait.xar, in said folder but the app still tells me it cannot find it. So, I opened the file by double-clicking it and saved it as a template. The app suggested saving it here: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Templates\ENG. Now when I click File/New, it lists and opens the file. I also placed other template files and they now show. I guess the cache folder is only for the Local Designs Gallery.
    Boy, my mistake. the Default Templates for v19 are in the folder where you find C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Templates\ENG\Templates.xml. This file allows you to alter the order and the display name. You can alter the default path in MS Registry: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\19\Options\Templates. The default is stored in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\19\Options\NewTemplates.

You are right as was @handrawn; I was thinking of the OCC.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Location of Default Templates Folder XDP 19

Thanks for the confirmation, Acorn.

The Templates.xml file was also gone and was not regenerated upon restarting XPD, so I cannot alter the order or display names but I'm fine with that. It must be one of the installation files and I might reinstall the program at a later date when I have the time and patience to reconstruct all my custom settings....