Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
Hi. The message you are referring to is from Magix and it relates to your Magix Update Service expiring. Please contact Magix directly about the possibility of turning it off. Because the Update Service is a Magix program and system, it is not in the control of Xara.

Note: Magix and Xara are different companies and Magix sold Xara software under its brand name. As of July, Magix is no longer selling Xara products so upgrades are direct through Xara. More information.

If you are contacting Xara through the chat at www.xara.com or through email at www.xara.com/contact-us, then every submission is responded to.

Kind regards,
Matt from Xara
Hi Matt!

I've used the Xara contact form twice in the last couple of weeks without any confirmation or response. I'll try the magix e-mail next time. Thank you for the information ��

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Welcome to TalkGraphics. Actually, DrJustice, where you raised the Thread is a good place as any as probably more will read it where it is.

We do have other Threads about the Magix Nags and you can try Using the Search button (top-right) of page with 'nag' in the box; there are many types of Magix Nags so you might want to try a number of the solutions. The more drastic ones cut off any web contact with Magix but as it is not upgrading any Xara stuff, it will not be an issue.
If confused, include a screenshot of your Nag so we can point you in the right direction.

Acorn
Hi Acorn!

Thanks for the info. No match on 'nag', but 'nagging' returns many threads. I'll be reading those and hopefully find a solution.

BTW, I'm guessing that "Acorn" refers to the computers I grew up with. When RISC OS came about I became an Artworks user (the origin of Xara). There are many fond memories from those days!

Edit: Fixed! The solution was to block the exe from outbound network connections - all info needed is in this thread:
https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Service-popup

Thanks again to both of you - that was very expedient help.

Merry Christmas everybody!