Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nagging message about upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you scroll right down and click help - then select one of the options [don't think it matters which one] then you will see the chat on the screen bottom right - this works for me and I have an add blocker it does - choose xara cloud
    Thank you, @handrawn.

I tried that path and find if you use this link, https://docs.xara.com/en/, you end up in the same place.
    This is a big help so I've added it to my TG Signature.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

sure - who these days, with any nous, does not have a blocker ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
    I can only find the support form as a contact point on www.xara.com. I've filled it in though, and hopefully you'll be seeing the message.
    We received your note and have responded. In addition, it gave me the opprtunity to look up your other emails. We've responded multiple times to all of them. I believe that our responses are going into your Gmail spam or into one of the other Gmail inbox filters that you do not see/check.

Best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    We received your note and have responded. In addition, it gave me the opprtunity to look up your other emails. We've responded multiple times to all of them. I believe that our responses are going into your Gmail spam or into one of the other Gmail inbox filters that you do not see/check.

Best,
    Matt
    My previous posting is awaiting moderation (new users allowed max 3 postings before moderation?), so I don't know when you'll be reading this. AS we both know, I got the chat going, so that's good.

There's nothing in the spam folder, I have no filters or anything like that. Should there have been an automatic confirmation mail for the form submission?

Edit: OK, this posting went straight through, the previous one is nowhere to be seen... @Acorn ?

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
    My previous posting is awaiting moderation.
    Edit: OK, this posting went straight through, the previous one is nowhere to be seen... @Acorn ?
    There's no 3-Post rule. Nothing's showing that it arrived.

Post away.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    There's no 3-Post rule. Nothing's showing that it arrived.

Post away.

Acorn
    Hmm... The forum SW said that it was held for moderation.

Anyway, I often type postings offline in a huge file I have, so here it is in all its off-topicness (just removed some details re. communicating with Matt, which has been resolved):

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    DrJ, you're 100% on the button. We must have followed the same trajectory. I go back further that the Electron (Plus 1 + ROM pack from Computer Concepts (a.k.a. Xara) like Wordwise Plus) and the Atom. My first computer was an Exidy Sorcerer that ended up controlling the dinosaur animatronics in the Natural History Museum. I think it has an empty plinth awaiting me. The computer was particularly successful in The Netherlands and could be viewed as the precursor to the BBC Micro.

Acorn
    My first computer was an Atom, followed by a BBC, and eventually a few Archimedes and Risc PC. My top "what if" scenario is "What would have become of Acorn Computers if they still were around". At least, Sophie and Steve made the biggest impression in the world of microprocessors with the ARM. I think I have 50+ ARMs in various devices - there are lots of them inside synthesizers in particular, and of course, just about every mobile device.

I love the dinosaur animatronics story! :-D

Ahem, getting off topic here, sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    DrJ, like me, you probably have a Pop-up Blocker in play in your browser. I use uBlock Origin and I switch to a browser with no blocker to get to the Chat bubble.

Acorn
    That's right, I use uBlock Origin. Thanks for the tip!