Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Return trip

Hi Australia is very very big this is me coming back from the local shop with the morning paper and milk. I like that ocean Paul and steve thanks for the fire tutorial, I might try and draw a bush fire with it. Night rider Tao jones. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night_sky.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	16081  

Hi Australia is very very big this is me coming back from the local shop with the morning paper and milk. I like that ocean Paul and steve thanks for the fire tutorial, I might try and draw a bush fire with it. Night rider Tao jones. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi Tao
    I like your image. That is a very nice sky. It looks like Saguaro cactus in your picture. Do you have Saguaro cactus in Australia? we have alot of them in Arizona.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Hi Bruce, I don't know, we do have prickly pears though. But we do have a hell of a night sky. I bet you don't see those planets up north unless you are on the cactus. Cactus in oz means it is stuffed. If the car breaks down it is 'cactus'. Thanks Tao

Hey Tao,

I think those people in the Americas have problems with 'stuffed' and 'mate' as well as 'cactus'!

Good on yer, cobber!

--
    Big Frank was
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I dunno Roger, but I think Bruce from our neighbor state of Arizona might have a point re: the Saguaro cactus. I believe they only grow in Arizona.

You might have had one to many Foster's that night :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Tao:

What a great night sky, never in a million years would I have come up with the objects and your color combination to illustrate it - but it is a wonder to behold. The rolling hills are awesome too!

Big Frank:
    Say What?? Or to put it another way.....Huh?? I don’t speak English! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Don't worry, Bob, you're not missing out on anything! I don't pretend to be anything other than an Essex boy and I've never been to Oz, but I've worked with enough transient Ozzies over the years to have picked up loads of their colloqialisms. The wierd thing is that when I was in the States last year for a business trip a number of people took me and my colleague for Ozzies. Americans aren't familiar with our East of London (as opposed to East London) accent. Round here a 'fag' is something you smoke and a 'faggot' is something you eat. Ain't it a crazy world? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    Big Frank was
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Your rendition of the sky is very different and it looks amazing. I always enjoy your colour choices; they are always great fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Risto

Well here in Arizona a cactus is desert plant, like you mentioned Prickly Pears. We have a lot of those here too. stuffed is something that has has been filled with something else, like a stuffed animal or stuffing in the turkey. Then if I eat too much Turkey I would be stuffed. A mate would be my wife. I have no idea what a cobber is? The only way I would see a sky like that here is if I was stuffed with some Peyote cactus, or on my computer screen at the Xara gallery. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire