Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where can I download the new XDP v20 as a free trial? (i.e. one-time purchase opt

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    Typical!......
    these bugs are sent to bite us
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Where can I download the new XDP v20 as a free trial? (i.e. one-time purchase opt

Talking of bugs... so I installed Pro+ (on a strictly temporary basis!) and now I just got a new "internal error" message when I saved and closed a .xar file.

(see attached)

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delme_XaraPlus_error.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	134357  

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    Talking of bugs... so I installed Pro+ (on a strictly temporary basis!) and now I just got a new "internal error" message when I saved and closed a .xar file.

(see attached)

J
    Usually the DLLs needed will kick in after a cold boot.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Guys,

Yeah I'm still upset about this whole thing. I started a thread last year about this. I was out with surgery for a while and came back and what a mess. My update service had expired. I had no content. And even today, I'm stuck at Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946, basically with half a program really, wondering what the heck to do. Sure you could plunk down a hefty chunk of change for the discounted, but still expensive first year, but then it goes way the heck up after that. They have an offer for a perpetual version at $120 (and THAT'S 60% OFF), but it comes with no content catalog and other features omitted correct? So what the heck good is that? I use it solely for web design and have for years...Way back to the first one where they actually sent you the program disk. It sucks. They're kind of forcing our hand to get into a forever subscription or leave! The alternatives just aren't Xara. It does everything I need perfectly for my building of very custom-looking sites. It's hard to think about leaving and learning something new. (add code here: #$@%^@%$#) Yep, that's what I think about all this!

Due to the lack of a trial, I guess one option is instead of purchasing the software for the annual cost, is get the monthly at $19.99 and you could try it for a month, then basically you pay twenty bucks for a trial. If you don't like it or it doesn't do what you need, you're only out $19.99 and not the $108.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Yeah I'm still upset about this whole thing. I started a thread last year about this. I was out with surgery for a while and came back and what a mess. My update service had expired. I had no content. And even today, I'm stuck at Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946, basically with half a program really, wondering what the heck to do. Sure you could plunk down a hefty chunk of change for the discounted, but still expensive first year, but then it goes way the heck up after that. They have an offer for a perpetual version at $120 (and THAT'S 60% OFF), but it comes with no content catalog and other features omitted correct? So what the heck good is that? I use it solely for web design and have for years...Way back to the first one where they actually sent you the program disk. It sucks. They're kind of forcing our hand to get into a forever subscription or leave! The alternatives just aren't Xara. It does everything I need perfectly for my building of very custom-looking sites. It's hard to think about leaving and learning something new. (add code here: #$@%^@%$#) Yep, that's what I think about all this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Due to the lack of a trial, I guess one option is instead of purchasing the software for the annual cost, is get the monthly at $19.99 and you could try it for a month, then basically you pay twenty bucks for a trial. If you don't like it or it doesn't do what you need, you're only out $19.99 and not the $108.
    Tazz, you are mixing and matching products here.

There is no v20 Perpetual trial. I imagine Xara's logic is it is 'helping out' those with Magix v19. In doing this, Xara is forcing XWDP users into buying the upper specified XPDX equivalent, v20 Perpetual. For some, this would be a massive hike.

Xara, however, offers a trial for its Plus products. You can also sign in to Xara Cloud, which is free at its basic but still usable level. Your $20 for a month is for Xara Designer Pro Plus. Visit https://www.xara.com/pricing/ > Desktop Tools and you see you don't even need to fork out any money as Xara is offering a trial for all in its Plus family.

Have you actually checked in your Cache as to what content you have downloaded? Whatever you have downloaded in any prior version is also accessible.
    v20 Perpetual does have content; many 100s of MB, just not on-line through the Content Catalogue. It comes as part of your download. The logic is you've paid for it so you can have it. A pity that it is not retrospective to all those stung by the Magix Update Service.

Feature-wise, it has all v19 has but improved. There are features omitted that are only available to Plus subscribers (Web Blocks).
    No one has reported back that Xara has or will release a bug fix update. We can assume Xara is intending to offer a new version annually. Plus subscribers get close to monthly updates.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Tazz, you are mixing and matching products here.

Acorn
    Thanks for all that info Acorn. Wow, I feel that over the years I have always mixed up, mentally, the versions of XDP...Oh and the X. I feel like they put out so many versions and variations, you never really knew what the heck you were using. And wasn't the X thrown in there but it wasn't even for 10? Now, here they are again, throwing all sorts of stuff out there and numerous different prices. It just seems crazy. Man, I just want to buy a program/software, download it is fine, has all the features and bells and whistles, and not have to pay $1800 for it over ten years. This is trying to follow along and REALLY understand a Dr. Seuss book...when you get done reading it, you really don't know what the heck you just read!