Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Where can I download the new XDP v20 as a free trial? (i.e. one-time purchase option)

Hello

Can anyone tell me where I can download a free trial of the new Xara Designer Pro v20 from?

All I can find is the time-bombed licensing version (Xara Designer Pro+), however to the best of my knowledge that is a I believe is a completely different product, (yes?)

Thanks

J

Default Re: Where can I download the new XDP v20 as a free trial? (i.e. one-time purchase opt

you download it from here:

https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20/

but there does not appear to be a free trial

you would need to ask xara via chat what sort of money back guarantee if any they offer
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Where can I download the new XDP v20 as a free trial? (i.e. one-time purchase opt

@shiphen, thank you for asking, it was one on my mind.
    If the codebase is v23.5.0 and the Plus versions have a Trial mode then one might assume this could be arranged.

Until then, why not trial the Plus version and ignore all the features that @Matt has advised have been excluded.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I thought of saying that, but I know the OP's views on subs

plus ignoring features can be easier said then done
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I thought of saying that, but I know the OP's views on subs
    plus ignoring features can be easier said then done
    Understood but trialling a Sub is not buying into it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Understood but trialling a Sub is not buying into it.

Acorn
    no, but only allowing such a trial is a 'golden hook' to catch a fish
    Nothing lasts forever...

Whut? Are we seriously saying that Xara has provided no way of testing the new one-time purchase version??

OR have Xara finally seen the light and there is now a one-time purchase mechanism for the same code-base "Pro+"...?

Either way, yes any form of subscription is a deal-breaker for moi, irrespective of price.

My problem is that I have been running into some bugs exporting PDFs in v19 and I need to test the real thing that I would be buying....