Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I access Elements?

I recently bought Web Designer+ v20. I bought it outright, as I am only running one website as a hobby. This was the recommendation from the Zara advert. However, I find that I cannot access Elements, and the design gallery is very limited (only a few buttons, for example). There is nothing in the handbook that suggests I shouldn't have access to the extensive elements and Design gallery material. Is there something wrong with my download package? I can see that I could subscribe for £9.99 per month to get the full version, but surely there should be more accessible material (graphics, buttons, forms etc) with the package I bought? This seems ridiculous!

Default Re: How do I access Elements?

I'm not positive but I think Elements has replaced Content Catalog in the Insert drop down menu.

you do not get access to elements [previously known as online content catalog] with the versions 20, which are not + versions by the way, you only get this with the subscription versions, which are plus versions

I bought version 20 [aka perpetual] designer pro and it was clear enough to me this would be the case

if you have issues i suggest you take it up with xara on their website via chat
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Douglas, you can clearly see in https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20/ that Elements if for the Plus products.

If 20 is similar to v19 then you will have some 640MB of components and templates.
    You can harvest buttons from the templates.

If you had a legacy Magix version and downloaded the Online Content Catalogue, you can link to these through the Local Designs gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

if you want me to check the component and template size in designer pro 20 i can if you remind me where to look

no idea if it is the same in web designer 20 of course....
    Nothing lasts forever...

sorry, I think I found it - 633MB/644MB-size-on-disk

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro 20\ClipArt\ENG

worth noting the installer file for XDA20 perpetual is 1.01GB so I think it is included, no need to download, but don't quote me...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasG View Post
    I recently bought Web Designer+ v20. I bought it outright, as I am only running one website as a hobby. This was the recommendation from the Zara advert. However, I find that I cannot access Elements, and the design gallery is very limited (only a few buttons, for example). There is nothing in the handbook that suggests I shouldn't have access to the extensive elements and Design gallery material. Is there something wrong with my download package? I can see that I could subscribe for £9.99 per month to get the full version, but surely there should be more accessible material (graphics, buttons, forms etc) with the package I bought? This seems ridiculous!
    Hi Douglas,

Web Designer v20 includes a starter pack of templates and content. These are found in the Designs Gallery, which offers a convenient way of importing templates, components, and other content into the current document, by simply drag and dropping them from the Gallery onto your document. The Insert menu options insert objects from the Designs Gallery.

Note: the Online Content Catalog (now renamed Xara Elements) is available in the Plus versions of Designer titles. This includes the entire Xara template and component library and is constantly updated as part of the Plus subscription.

We are happy to answer further questions, please contact us through the chat at www.xara.com or www.xara.com/contact-us

Kind regards,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Douglas, you can clearly see in https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20/ that Elements if for the Plus products.

If 20 is similar to v19 then you will have some 640MB of components and templates.
    You can harvest buttons from the templates.

If you had a legacy Magix version and downloaded the Online Content Catalogue, you can link to these through the Local Designs gallery.

Acorn
    Great, I'm using the old version and linking is easy.