Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bug stack order

Default Re: bug stack order

Issue captured: Currently scheduled (not confirmed yet) for 23.6 release in Plus editions.

Workaround: Group objects, arrange up or down, and then Ungroup as needed.

Hi Matt - will the perpetual version get bug fixes ?

as far as this bug goes, I looked at it with two and then three objects selected, it appears to toggle - if so then a possible quicker way to work round is to just repeate the operation so that it then toggles back again to the required stack order eg:

ctl+B ctrl+F ctrl+B instead of just ctrl+B

this avoids grouping which can add complication
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ctl+B ctrl+F ctrl+B instead of just ctrl+B
    handrawn, I had thought of and tried that but you need to keep an eye on the direction of required travel so the cadence would be either Up-Down-Up or Down-Up-Down.
    Group-Action-Ungroup has no consequences if all the selection is on the same Layer, which is implicit in this activity. To avoid any such cross-layer conflict, you could also go Solo mode.
    [Grouping flattens the grouped items into the topmost item's Layer]

@Matt, by not mentioning a bug release for v20 Perpetual, you appear to be disenfranchising many. Why buy something that requires you to buy an upgrade a year on?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    handrawn, I had thought of and tried that but you need to keep an eye on the direction of required travel so the cadence would be either Up-Down-Up or Down-Up-Down.
    Group-Action-Ungroup has no consequences if all the selection is on the same Layer, which is implicit in this activity. To avoid any such cross-layer conflict, you could also go Solo mode.
    [Grouping flattens the grouped items into the topmost item's Layer]
    agreed...

... and I have just noticed strange things happening in my test file with shift+ctrl+B where it goes to the stack bottom rather than where it should be

@Matt, by not mentioning a bug release for v20 Perpetual, you appear to be disenfranchising many. Why buy something that requires you to buy an upgrade a year on?

Acorn
    I hope this is just symptomatic of there not yet being a pipeline for XDA Perpetual bug fixes, and that one is imminent; otherwise we have not really advanced that much from the bad old days have we....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs down Re: bug stack order

As at v23.7, the Move backwards (Shift+Ctrl+B) is still acting as a Put to Back (Ctrl+B) when there are just three objects involved.
    @Xara - another JavaScript counting FAIL?

UPDATE:
    15 minutes later Xara released v23.8 and the bug was corrected.
    @Xara - thank you.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 03 April 2024 at 04:43 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

As at v23.7, the Move backwards (Shift+Ctrl+B) is still acting as a Put to Back (Ctrl+B) when there are just three objects involved.
    @Xara - another JavaScript counting FAIL?

UPDATE:
    15 minutes later Xara released v23.8 and the bug was corrected.
    @Xara - thank you.

Acorn
    Very timely to revive this thread on the same day of a release.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Very timely to revive this thread on the same day of a release.
    Matt, it was @ChrisM's frustration over flagging broken Web animations when Sticky was used & not being able to apply the same on a popup layer...

Acorn

Oh yeah, blame me

From this day forth, I'd like it known that the whole Xara team worked through the night without food or water, because I, ChrisM, posted a comment about being ignored.

I am the prince of Untimely Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Oh yeah, blame me
    From this day forth, I'd like it known that the whole Xara team worked through the night without food or water, because I, ChrisM, posted a comment about being ignored.
    I am the prince of Untimely Action.
    No worries. Just as long as I can run fast enough ahead of you when they come for us.

Acorn

No worries. Just as long as I can run fast enough ahead of you when they come for us.

Acorn
    I fancy my chances. Australia has a 10 hour start on the UK.