Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default problems with mobile website (Xara Web Designer +)

Dear forum,
    I made some changes on the automatically produced mobile website variant.
    After I have published my whole website on the web, I don't see the changes on my smartphone.
    What can I do?
    Thanks.

Default Re: problems with mobile website (Xara Web Designer +)

It'll be browser caching. You'll have to find how your phone clears the cache.

It might be at the server but that affects all variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Acorn,

I cleared my cache and used three different browsers. It does not work.
    There must be something wrong with the XARA Software. I don't know what.

Nice greetings

Quote Originally Posted by DesignAlex View Post
    Dear forum,

What can I do?
    you could start by giving us the link to the site and telling us what the changes were that you made

so far you have not really said anything, other than 'it's not working', without telling us what you have done

your WEB/XAR file might also be helpful if you feel able to post it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello Acorn,
    I cleared my cache and used three different browsers. It does not work.
    There must be something wrong with the XARA Software. I don't know what.
    Nice greetings
    Alex, based on the lack of detail you have provided, I advised the closest issue I can imagine.
    If you had said no changes, including Main, then I would have advised that you need to check where you are publishing to.
    If that was OK then I'd fall back onto server-caching and the delay for changes to propagate around edge servers and the like, which is wholly dependent on your ISP's configuration.

So...
    ...do the changes appear on a browser on a PC/laptop?
    ...have you actually cleared the cache on each phone browser or just used three different browsers (that you may have used on the site earlier)?
    ...why would you put immediate blame on the software when you say you "don't know what"?
    ...do the changes appear when you Preview?
    ...how are you publishing?
    ...have you asked someone else to check for you?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

your willingness to attempt diagnosis, without being given any meaningful symptoms, never fails to impress...

they are good questions
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@handrawn:
    Link to the site: www.einewelthaus.com
    Changes: No logo, no facebook etc. button, no home button, changes on the text and contact information.

@Acorn:
    1. the changes appear on a browser with normal size, when I change the size of the browser, you see the same as on a smartphone: The earlier version with no changes.

2. I cleared the cache in a correct way and installed a new browser in order to check the website.

3. When I preview the website, it is mostly changed but I can see two changes which do not show up. (facebook buttons and text under the picture)

4. I publish at a serious provider.

5. I did not have the chance to let it check by someone else.

@handrawn:
    Link to the site: www.einewelthaus.com
    Changes: No logo, no facebook etc. button, no home button, changes on the text and contact information.

@Acorn:
    1. the changes appear on a browser with normal size, when I change the size of the browser, you see the same as on a smartphone: The earlier version with no changes.
    2. I cleared the cache in a correct way and installed a new browser in order to check the website.
    3. When I preview the website, it is mostly changed but I can see two changes which do not show up. (facebook buttons and text under the picture)
    4. I publish at a serious provider.
    5. I did not have the chance to let it check by someone else.
    Alex, your Post was Moderated as it had an external Link. I have just approved it.

I can see the the Main page has no Logo or social buttons.
    What you are describing is hard to understand.
    We really need to get a copy of your design file.

Acorn

Hello
    here is the design file.
    Nice greetings from Germany.

EineWelthaus-com.web

Hello
    here is the design file.
    Nice greetings from Germany.
    EineWelthaus-com.web
    Alex, thank you for the design file and the greeting.

What I think has happened is that a Repeating Object cannot be Shared across variants.
    What I did was:
    In the variant, make the Logo, the Social media buttons and Hamburger Menu Repeat across all pages.
    I then copied the Logo & Social buttons from Smartphone/tablet variant to Main (Haupt) using Shift+Ctrl+V.
    I then made sure these were made Repeat on all pages (again).

I did pull the Logo off-page to ensure it was always visible.
    I moved the Haupt menu to the right so the orange MouseOver block aligned with the text on the rest of the page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-07 174611.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	134318

For your Footer, you need to set all the items to Auto-fit >Bottom so when you change the page height, these move together.

If you republish, see if these changes are being properly applied.
    If all OK then then you can change your design as you see fit.

If not, do come back and we'll try again.

Acorn