Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default rectangle tool, using dashed outline, how to make similar 4 corners have same corner

Hello, I would like to make the rectangle rounded caps better, how to do this? Can each corner have the same look?

what I tried, or how I made it dashed.
    https://youtu.be/aT2ziko3XJc?si=lO2ajOIWj6Z-pd9e

1 screen shot should be attached. Thank You.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-dash-rectangle3.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	134264

Lightbulb Re: rectangle tool, using dashed outline, how to make similar 4 corners have same cor

Quote Originally Posted by mintintegral18 View Post
    Hello, I would like to make the rectangle rounded caps better, how to do this? Can each corner have the same look?

what I tried, or how I made it dashed.
    https://youtu.be/aT2ziko3XJc?si=lO2ajOIWj6Z-pd9e

1 screen shot should be attached. Thank You.

Name:	xara-dash-rectangle3.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	134264
    Technically, you cannot as Xara has a set start point for the dash.
    If you change the Line width, the perimeter or the curvature then unless you are very lucky, all four rounded corners will never align.
    The clue is in your rounded corner example where the dashes around the corners are a different length to the straight ones.

Affinity Designer has this capability so I suspect other packages do too.

For an XDA solution, you could build something up.

Create a small square - this will be the gap.
    Use Smart Duplication (or other means) to create a grip of the squares that sit exactly inside the main rectangle right up to its edges.
    Delete the corner square and all inside the main rectangle not touching the Line.
    Change the squares colour to march the rectangle.

Name:	Dasher.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	134265

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: rectangle tool, using dashed outline, how to make similar 4 corners have same cor

thank you kindly!

Default Re: rectangle tool, using dashed outline, how to make similar 4 corners have same cor

You could also do it with the Blend tool. Then change the blend lines to via Convert Line to Shape. Add Shapes (Ctrl+1).
    Convert the curved rectangle line to shape.
    Select all & Subtract shapes (Ctrl+2)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	134270  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good one Egg. I'm wondering if there's a ClipView approach.
    That way you retain editorial control over things.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes that would work Acorn. I tried it with using text on a curve. The text I used was just a repeat of the character ■ with lots of text size changes, very large kerning and some negative baseline shift. Then convert the text to editable shapes, no fill colour, put to back and Clip view.

Not easy to to keep the rounded corners though but great if you want to split a line into equeye (spelling!) sized portions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks