Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New update disaster!

Just downloaded the new update Xara Plus 23.5.0.68069 SL x64 Nov 13 2023.
    Now nothing works as it should. Links just disappear and I have to create them again. Popup layers don't work, navbars drop the links and I have to recreate them, anchors jump in the wrong places and the whole program seem unstable and broken.
    I tested with all my websites and same thing happens.
    I am so glad I still have designer pro x 19 installed on my system and I can still do some work.
    Any body else have problems with the new update?
    Any idea how to go back to previous version? Thanks

Default Re: New update disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    Just downloaded the new update Xara Plus 23.5.0.68069 SL x64 Nov 13 2023.
    Now nothing works as it should. Links just disappear and I have to create them again. Popup layers don't work, navbars drop the links and I have to recreate them, anchors jump in the wrong places and the whole program seem unstable and broken.
    I tested with all my websites and same thing happens.
    I am so glad I still have designer pro x 19 installed on my system and I can still do some work.
    Any body else have problems with the new update?

Hi Andre,

We are aware of a link issue that will be fixed shortly but we would like to understand more from your case.

Please contact us directly through the chat at www.xara.com or www.xara.com/contact-us

Thanks,
    Xara

Thumbs down Re: New update disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    Andre, sorry to hear of your grief.
    I have come unstuck several times during a new client design by accepting an update across many versions now that I rarely update until I can afford to unpick problems arising where I have less pressure.

In C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\Backup, you will find prior versions backed up. Xara never thought out its recovery strategy at all!

If things go wrong with my description, you can always redownload the v24.5 from Xara. Alternatively, copy the entire current install directory and subfolders (less Backup) to a safe location.

@Xara - perhaps you can advise differently?

• In the backup folder, order by Date Modified descending. Copy these to another folder.
    • Then, for over 100 files, you would have to remove the .bkN extension to restore the originals of that date.
    • Perhaps, replacing these with current will get you back to a working version.

Not tried this myself, as even with a bulk renamer, it is too tedious.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Hi Andre,

We are aware of a link issue that will be fixed shortly but we would like to understand more from your case.

Please contact us directly through the chat at www.xara.com or www.xara.com/contact-us

Thanks,
    Xara
    You need a bigger warning than that, I'm afraid.

The update broke one of my sites too. Updated a single picture, then spent 2 hours trying to work out why a popup layer had suddenly stopped working.

I don't have access to Xara 24/7 and ended up uninstalling and using an older version. Everything appears to be ok, but still, 2 hours I was being paid when I should have been doing other work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post

The update broke one of my sites too. Updated a single picture, then spent 2 hours trying to work out why a popup layer had suddenly stopped working.

I don't have access to Xara 24/7 and ended up uninstalling and using an older version. Everything appears to be ok, but still, 2 hours I was being paid when I should have been doing other work.

Hi Chris, We are aware of this issue and a fix is expected to be released soon. When these issues arise, feel free to contact us through the chat at www.xara.com or www.xara.con/contact-us/. A faster way to inform and engage with us.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Hi Chris, We are aware of this issue and a fix is expected to be released soon. When these issues arise, feel free to contact us through the chat at www.xara.com or www.xara.con/contact-us/. A faster way to inform and engage with us.

Thanks,
    Matt
    My post wasn't to inform you, you already knew. It was to inform others not to use this updated version to publish a site, as it is unreliable. It isn't a small inconvenience. The business I was freelancing for paid me 2 hours trying to work it out before I saw Andre's post.

The update release was posted as a new topic on several threads. Do you not think a warning about potential downtime is not worthy of the same exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Chris, does Chief Brody have a TG account?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The good Ship Xara.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	994.2 KB 
ID:	134250

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Amity Island wasn't as bad as this. Only a few people were eaten by a monster shark, whereas I had 2 popup layers break.

I may need some form of liquid therapy to recover from the horror of it all.

Keep bumping this thread up so that it's given attention. They need to sort this ASAP with an update to the update.

Quote Originally Posted by ukDalek View Post
    Keep bumping this thread up so that it's given attention. They need to sort this ASAP with an update to the update.
    Thank you for the thought but Xara doesn't pay that much attention. A typical bug fix seems to take it about a week.

What helps more is if you have direct contact with a reply from Xara to let the other TGers know what's been said.

Acorn