Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Patch for Pro+?

Default Patch for Pro+?

No announcement here. Any idea what is in the patch?

Default Re: Patch for Pro+?

it's in the release notes:

http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/des...plus/index.htm

version 23.5
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gary, here are the particular Release Notes: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/des...Anchor:58nTjtr.

@Xara - may I be among the first to congratulate you for such an improved, innovative concept around FlexGroups; they are intuitive and easy to work with.
    They truly make an upgrade to Plus worth the while.

BlockBackground really ought to be separately independent across Variants. My fix is to add a ClassName and work with that.

In your RN example, I chose to rotate an image and it displaces the centring of the other images against the block background.
    I can add a rotated shapes to a flexible web block and it appears in Variant and Main, both rotated. Drag an existing one out, rotate and add back and only the shape on a given Variant is adjusted; you have to delete any copies, perform the action and then it is recloned in the correct rotation.
    I still do not appreciate the Main and single Variant constraint.

Never an Acorn endorsement without a caveat.

UNWIND
    I have just tried the Flexible Grid Web blocks and their output is an image for Grids (3c) & (4c)!
    Not a good trade-off. Why? Because any hyperlinks in the text blocks are zapped away.
    [Xara is looking into this]

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 15 November 2023 at 04:16 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Had a play with flexgroups without a modular set up. Very handy for grid work.
    Also I’m one to have photo pieces scattered around the pasteboard. Flexgroups helped me gather them together.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    UNWIND
    I have just tried the Flexible Grid Web blocks and their output is an image for Grids (3c) & (4c)!
    Not a good trade-off. Why? Because any hyperlinks in the text blocks are zapped away.
    [Xara is looking into this] Acorn
    UPDATE
    Until the Xara fix, the correction you can make suggested by @MB365 (Matt - Xara CEO):
    in the Design Gallery, users can simply select the FlexGroup inside the Web Block using the P&L gallery and then turn off the Export as single image option in Utilities > Web Properties > Image tab.
    What I had also tried was selecting the Block > Open Web Block, selecting the FlexGroup and do as above; finally, Ctrl+S to Save or Ctrl+W to Exit back to the main design page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat