Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I think you did a good job, Nancy.
    I agree
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Help with vector logo

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I think you did a good job, Nancy.

Just so ya know, the font is Poppl-Pontifex Medium Condensed.
    Thank you - I really appreciate it.

Thank you - I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Nancy, I think I found your free font: https://www.ffonts.net/OPTIPeach-EtD....font.download

Here is my construction using it: Attachment 134238

Acorn
    Hi Acorn, certainly looks like the font. When I enlarge the letters, they aren't all perfect either. Like mine, they are not all exactly the same height or aligned top or/and bottom exactly etc. So because of legality issues discussed here I could just stick with my version. I am a little indecisive, because if I found a pay for version for say $30, I would have the entire series of letters. The way you created the shapes for the J, is more accurate, and does have the slotting for the top of the J - I can't decide which I like better. Your cutout triangles in the F are larger and look better, and now I can't decide if I like the cutout in the left straight part with the little triangle cutout you made or or leaving it straight better. Thank you for for providing these options.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Marco D View Post
    You are right about the F, but actually I was focusing my attention on a simple method to make the part with the J because I thought that was the part for which you had requested suggestions.
    Thank you for suggestions for the J and Finding a font. Ignore my comment on the F, some logo guidelines would recommend it that way.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    Hi Acorn, certainly looks like the font. When I enlarge the letters, they aren't all perfect either. Like mine, they are not all exactly the same height or aligned top or/and bottom exactly etc. So because of legality issues discussed here I could just stick with my version. I am a little indecisive, because if I found a pay for version for say $30, I would have the entire series of letters. The way you created the shapes for the J, is more accurate, and does have the slotting for the top of the J - I can't decide which I like better. Your cutout triangles in the F are larger and look better, and now I can't decide if I like the cutout in the left straight part with the little triangle cutout you made or or leaving it straight better. Thank you for for providing these options.

Nancy
    Nancy, it has been a learning curve for all of us. Your design is very good as is so use that. When I tried the font, I had to kern, track and baseline shift almost every letter to get things lined up.
    Using inset and outset contours is a very powerful tool.

Should you want to use the Font, do convert to Editable Shapes and ungroup twice. You then have a separate shape for each gylph.
    The F then becomes a White shape over the black letter F. You can then Slice Shapes to get a cut-out.

Apologies for offering so many choices.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat