Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default My friend who just released a website builder

My friend just released a website creator Hocoos which looks amazing with AI. He is a very talented and creative guy with many other achievements.
    I just wanted to share an article that was written about him at the college I went to.

Link

Default Re: My friend who just released a website builder

Pretty cool. Though I think you know what I think about websites that build themselves without web designers.

Yes I do Gary. I think there is an audience and market for everything out there. AI is a big thing now and possibly it will have its own user market. I am on the same page as you but what if the AI designs it and then us designers go in and touchup things?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    ... but what if the AI designs it and then us designers go in and touchup things?
    A reversal of roles. It used to be that designers designed and used technology to touch up (etc.) things.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    ... the AI designs it and then us designers go in and touchup things?
    looking at it this way is either:

a logical fallacy; unless the AI is sentient and instructing you to make changes, it is still you in charge - even if it constructs it's reply in psuedo-sentient terminology, if it not sentient then these replies have no more weight than 'hints' that current computer programs provide, be they good or bad

or:

it's a tool that has got you off to a flying start; but you are not touching things up, you are finishing them off... this is no different in principle to photography; the spectrum is far far wider, but the principle is the same
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@behzad, it produces designs that are moderately useful but particularly poor in performance.
    The number of JavaScript file calls is over 20. There is no pre-fetching. All fair for a dynamic preview but for a jobbing website, no.

The AI front-end is pure gimmick. You could zero in on a Xara or XaraTemplates design just as adroitly.
    You have a web front end that enables quick global scheme changes that Xara does and in Xara Cloud that you have eschewed.

Xara has always pre-processed its designs but the extensive use of post-processing colour schemes through CSS Variables is something Xara could quickly adopt.
    It almost did in Pro+ as all your Theme colours are exported in xr_main.css as ClassNames (e.g., .xr_c_Lighter {color:#AAFFC0}; Xara should similarly have exposed them as CSS Variables.

The one thing going for it is the ability to set up a Custom Domain or buy a new one, such simple integration is something Xara needs to consider.
    The next one thing going for it is the easy integration of a Blog.
    The next, next one thing going for it is the integrated Store. [Sadly, you have to go Premium @ $150/y for this]
    These three alone will have me exploring deeper.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 04 November 2023 at 04:36 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Glad to hear you guys out. Thanks for the feedback.