Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro back from Magix to Xara - New Purchasing Model

Wow, I think probably everybody agrees that the Magix chapter of Xara history was a bad one, poor move now rectified, backk where it should be.

However, with the move I'm now unsure about the subscription/purchase model, can someone help out?

So, I'm used to buying Designer Pro desktop application and paying for it again when there is sufficient updates to justify it, the only thing I lost were the online catalogues etc if I chose not to pay.

Am I right in saying that I have to pay every year without exception otherwise I actually lose the program under the new model?

This would suck, though I understand they have to make their money, but I don't have much of it and have not had to do this since the beginning, and by beginning I really do mean back from Drawworks, through Corel Xara, to Xara-Xara and Magix-Xara.

Can I not own my version anymore? Unfortunately I'm a poor cowboy right now - Skint Eastwood.

Cheers

Chris
    IP

Default Re: Designer Pro back from Magix to Xara - New Purchasing Model

Am I right in saying that I have to pay every year without exception otherwise I actually lose the program under the new model?
    as things stand, yes, pro+ is subscription only

xara are intnding to release a non-subscription version, 'xara perpetual' but it won't have an update service details here:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...duct-offerings
    Last edited by handrawn; 01 November 2023 at 11:02 PM. Reason: fix quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thank you so much, most helpful. Perpetual fits my needs, I need to upgrade now really but don't want/need a subscription so I hope it comes soon!
    IP

yu are welcome

you could contact xara on their website via chat and ask, I know that perpetual webdesigner is out in the wild, maybe perpetual designer pro is not far behind...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinski View Post
    Thank you so much, most helpful. Perpetual fits my needs, I need to upgrade now really but don't want/need a subscription so I hope it comes soon!

Hi Chris,

Matt here, we've responded to your multiple emails from 2 days ago through today. Thanks.
    IP