Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Computer redux

Somehow my previous thread on this topic was closed - not intentionally by me as I continue to be unable to get Xara installed on my new computer. When I open the program, I get the attached. If I click through I'm directed to a page that directs me to purchase the program - which I've already done. I'm trying to simply install the software on a new computer and delete it from a previous machine which died. I can't figure out how to get an activation code as everything I've tried requires a serial number and if I use the latest S/N I have, which is from the program that's installed on my second computer (I understand that I can install the program on two machines) it isn't accepted. All I want to do is install Xara on my new computer - why is that SOOOO difficult? Also, I'm very confused about Magix's status in this whole thing - is Xara still a part of Magix or is it something else? The Magix web site no longer seems to support Xara. Where can I get tech support for Xara?!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9f90b48d3df4c5bf25c677d7c9bdb1badcc9bd72b82d771f33be6fb8f875abc7.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	134201  

Default Re: New Computer redux

you are doing the same thing as you did last time I think

you are trying to instal the pro+ version of the program, downloaded from xara.com, which is not the version you bought

in the closed thread[s] the webmaster gave you the link to the magix service centre where you can log into your account and download the version that you paid for which should work with your S/N

here it is again: https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/

this is for the GB/UK site, but you should be redirected to your local one automatically

Magix have ceased dealing with xara, bu this service centre remains in place for stiuations such as this

you get support direct from xara via chat, as mentioned before...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

charliescoffee, as pointed out you initially downloaded a Plus product that you have not bought so it expected a purchase.

For Magix products, you have the method of going to https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-...uct-downloads/ and putting in the Serial Number of your existing product.

The extra problem you might have is you are only allowed two activations per licence (three for v4-v10).

As one is on the dead machine, you can only activate on the new machine.
    If you already had a second activation elsewhere, it will shout at you.

You then have three choices:
    1. Open where your second activation is and in the application, select Help > Deactivate program. You can then activate on your new machine.
    2. Contact Magix and explain you need to deactivate the program, which is on a dead machine. It should help you do this, for free.
    3. Log into the Magix personal service centre and try and seek out the remote deactivate option there. This can only be used very infrequently and you may have used your timed allowance.
    Do note any new download, install and activation will only install the version you purchased, not any update you may have applied in the period that the Update Service was active.

I am currently in a Catch-22 with Magix as I changed my long-standing (defunct) email for a new one that I may have mistyped (I doubt it as it was autogenerated). I have had no Magix acknowledgement. Now I cannot get into my personal service centre to correct it. Perversely, to contact Magix, you need to access Technical Support by logging in.

It doesn't particularly bother me as I can still use the product downloads page above for all my licences.
    For those interested in discovering your Serial Number, you can do two things:
    1. In your current, open application, press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+1 and the Camelot Debug Information dialog will open, showing the Serial number. You have you transcribe or screenshot it as it is not selectable.
    2. Locate your application(s) in C:\ProgramData\Xara\ and in any file, install*.ini, look for a line that starts, string=. The number following is your Serial number. I use Notepad++ > Find in Files with (Find what: string=, Filters: *.ini, Directory: C:\ProgramData\Xara).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

useful info there acorn, thanks
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm sorry Acorn and handrawn, but none of your suggestions actually work. After clicking through all the various screens I always end up with a page which asks me to purchase the program which I've already done - it's installed and working on my other computer (an Alienware laptop) and it was installed and working on my previous Surface computer. I fully understand that I am only allowed to install the program on two machines and it is my intention to delete the installation on my dead Surface computer - except I also haven't found a place where I can do that - AND that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've installed Xara on a bunch of different computers over the years as I've either purchased new machines or replaced dead ones and I've always been able to do this successfully EXCEPT for this time. I've spend now several days trying different suggestions, tried Xara and Magix sites, appealed for help on TalkGraphics (which in the past has always been a reliable source for help) but I still don't have access to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    I'm sorry Acorn and handrawn, but none of your suggestions actually work. After clicking through all the various screens I always end up with a page which asks me to purchase the program which I've already done - it's installed and working on my other computer (an Alienware laptop) and it was installed and working on my previous Surface computer. I fully understand that I am only allowed to install the program on two machines and it is my intention to delete the installation on my dead Surface computer - except I also haven't found a place where I can do that - AND that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've installed Xara on a bunch of different computers over the years as I've either purchased new machines or replaced dead ones and I've always been able to do this successfully EXCEPT for this time. I've spend now several days trying different suggestions, tried Xara and Magix sites, appealed for help on TalkGraphics (which in the past has always been a reliable source for help) but I still don't have access to the program.
    Please contact us directly at www.xara.com/contact-us or through the chat at xara.com

Everything that you are trying to do for your Xara products is available in the Magix Service Center. Here it is the link again: https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/

It appears that you are not going to this site for some reason. We want to help you get there.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    [1] I'm sorry Acorn and handrawn, but none of your suggestions actually work.

[2] After clicking through all the various screens I always end up with a page which asks me to purchase the program which I've already done - it's installed and working on my other computer (an Alienware laptop) and it was installed and working on my previous Surface computer.

[3] I fully understand that I am only allowed to install the program on two machines and it is my intention to delete the installation on my dead Surface computer - except I also haven't found a place where I can do that - AND that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've installed Xara on a bunch of different computers over the years as I've either purchased new machines or replaced dead ones and I've always been able to do this successfully EXCEPT for this time.

[4] I've spend now several days trying different suggestions, tried Xara and Magix sites, appealed for help on TalkGraphics (which in the past has always been a reliable source for help) but I still don't have access to the program.
    I don't know why @MB365 is choosing to use the webmaster account and not his own for dealing with your issues. I do have concern that in Closing all your Threads, you will feel you are being cut out.
    This is not the case and I will try and get to a resolution with you.

Like most of these situations, [1] & [2] above, I feel you may be starting from the wrong position.
    Your original image shows you are trying to register Xara Pro+. You do not have a paid licence for this so I suggest you uninstall this as its presence is only a confusion. Do also delete the download file.

You have your 'latest S/N'. It has to be of form P3-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000 with my zeros changed to your number.
    Can you now explain what you get with entering your Serial number into https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-...uct-downloads/ ?

I get an entry 'Xara Designer Pro X365 (UK)' for earlier versions and four dropdowns for different languages for later versions.
    Each has two dropdowns: Installation program and instructions.

What version of Xara desktop product do you have?
    You may have different dropdown options and are picking the wrong one.

All this is down without need of a registered email address.
    At some point you will have registered with an email to activate your prior installations.

if you can find this email then you can go to https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/ and login.

Have you been able to do this?
    If not then you need to contact Magix Support: https://www.magix.info/us/support/options/ .

Using either approach should get you to a link similar to https://dl03.magix.com/designerprox17_dlm.exe.
    Do note this may not be the link you actually need. I have included it to give you some reference point so you know you are on the right track.

[3] is simply describing your frustration, which I can understand.

[4] is more of a trouble to me. I would say you have been well served in your raised Threads by TalkGraphics and I am upset that you think TG is not 'a reliable source for help'. I suggest you have conflated your issues with Magix, and possibly Xara, with TG.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

from what was said in an earlier thread I think the version is 18 - for which the link is:

https://dl03.magix.com/designerprox18_dlm_kj4faw.exe

I am also sorry that this has been so difficult for you

as acorn said, the important thing is to uninstall the version of xara that you have on your new computer, which is not the program you bought, it is another program but with a very similar name

once you have done that you can install the correct version that will work with your S/N by downloading from the link

let us know how you get on
    Nothing lasts forever...