Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
I'm sorry Acorn and handrawn, but none of your suggestions actually work. After clicking through all the various screens I always end up with a page which asks me to purchase the program which I've already done - it's installed and working on my other computer (an Alienware laptop) and it was installed and working on my previous Surface computer. I fully understand that I am only allowed to install the program on two machines and it is my intention to delete the installation on my dead Surface computer - except I also haven't found a place where I can do that - AND that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've installed Xara on a bunch of different computers over the years as I've either purchased new machines or replaced dead ones and I've always been able to do this successfully EXCEPT for this time. I've spend now several days trying different suggestions, tried Xara and Magix sites, appealed for help on TalkGraphics (which in the past has always been a reliable source for help) but I still don't have access to the program.
Please contact us directly at www.xara.com/contact-us or through the chat at xara.com

Everything that you are trying to do for your Xara products is available in the Magix Service Center. Here it is the link again: https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/

It appears that you are not going to this site for some reason. We want to help you get there.

Thanks,
Matt