Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara web site hosting

I have to find a new web site host, was considering Xara's.
    The information in DP+ properties>settings>register makes reference to Magix, I am confused then being 85 I am entitled to!!
    Well I think so.
    Can someone please tell me procedure and cost, I may have to get a domain name as well at moment no idea how.
    Peter

Default Re: Xara web site hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    I have to find a new web site host, was considering Xara's.
    The information in DP+ properties>settings>register makes reference to Magix, I am confused then being 85 I am entitled to!!
    Well I think so.
    Can someone please tell me procedure and cost, I may have to get a domain name as well at moment no idea how.
    Peter
    If Xara do both hosting and domain name registration, I'd do that for convenience. But I can help you out with the domain name if needed. Being in Australia, I have no problem in recommending VentraIP (Melbourne) to register your name. You will need an ABN or CRN if you're going for ***.au, but the rest is straight forward.

They have an online chat that's quick and helpful. Offer to buy them a donut, and off they go at double speed. I've had around 15 years of smooth running with them. I can also help out if needed.

If you're transferring from another company, they will need the EPP key (secret password thing), but again, straight forward.

VentraIP Australia - Domain Name Search & Check Availability

They also do individual hosting, but I'd shop around. I buy hosting at wholesale, so can't speak for individual pricing.

I currently have one site on magix hosting. Once it ends, I think I will no longer be able to renew it - as magix is dicontinuing all xara support/upgrades etc. I contacted xara regarding their hosting, they are not providing hosting services. I will have to start looking for inexpensive web hosting as well. Magix hosting was really limited anyway-no ssl etc, but for $23 a year it worked for that site. Experts here like Chris M are a great resource.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    I currently have one site on magix hosting. Once it ends, I think I will no longer be able to renew it - as magix is dicontinuing all xara support/upgrades etc. I contacted xara regarding their hosting, they are not providing hosting services. I will have to start looking for inexpensive web hosting as well. Magix hosting was really limited anyway-no ssl etc, but for $23 a year it worked for that site. Experts here like Chris M are a great resource.

Nancy
    Renewals on existing Xara/Magix Hosting plans are still happening. New orders are not available as of today.