Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Right-Click Disable in Xara

Greetings. I am helping a Book Author and she doesn't want anything clickable. Looked in the Online Content library offered in my Designer. I cannot find a widget to make everything on the website not clickable.

On a side note how can I disable Snip & Sketch or Print Screen also?

Thank you.

Default Re: Right-Click Disable in Xara

There are scripts you can add (Acorn and others will have) that can disable right click. You can lock images (also requires a script) but I do not think you can disable screen capture which pretty much makes locking images mute.

Basically, if you don't want someone to copy something, don't post it on the web, or if you must then require a password to access the page or site.

I have placed the copyright info on the site. I will look into the scripts. My customer needs to eventually have some of the characters on the site to attract publishers and agents.
    So I think just making it unclickable will be ok.

Thank you for your idea about scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Liann View Post
    Greetings. I am helping a Book Author and she doesn't want anything clickable. Looked in the Online Content library offered in my Designer. I cannot find a widget to make everything on the website not clickable.
    On a side note how can I disable Snip & Sketch or Print Screen also?
    Thank you.
    Liann, select everything on the page (perhaps not its navigation) and Group and in Web Properties > Image > Group web export, tick this and Apply.
    What you will when have is one big image that does nothing. The equivalent of the author gluing all her pages stuck.
    No one will read that book or stay on the website.

I would simply place a 99% transparent rectangle over the items to be unclickable.
    That could be given a click link for Web Animation > Pop-up > Show pop-up text, with a copyright notice or similar.
    Move fun it it whites out with a warning.

Perhaps you are asking the wrong question.
    If you want nothing on the page to be copied then that simply is not possible.
    Scripts can be bypassed. Right-click disabling should never, ever be used.
    If it is visible on the screen, it can be copied, screenshotted or even photographed.
    It is possible to block others pasting your images through your server, stealing both the image and your bandwidth.

Are you trying to protect images, prose or verse?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Liann, select everything on the page (perhaps not its navigation) and Group and in Web Properties > Image > Group web export, tick this and Apply.
    What you will when have is one big image that does nothing. The equivalent of the author gluing all her pages stuck.
    No one will read that book or stay on the website.

I would simply place a 99% transparent rectangle over the items to be unclickable.
    That could be given a click link for Web Animation > Pop-up > Show pop-up text, with a copyright notice or similar.
    Move fun it it whites out with a warning.

Perhaps you are asking the wrong question.
    If you want nothing on the page to be copied then that simply is not possible.
    Scripts can be bypassed. Right-click disabling should never, ever be used.
    If it is visible on the screen, it can be copied, screenshotted or even photographed.
    It is possible to block others pasting your images through your server, stealing both the image and your bandwidth.

Are you trying to protect images, prose or verse?

Acorn

Acorn,
    I think I will try the 99% rectangle. That is a great idea. The author is paranoid and probably should be.

Thank You.