Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Font Usage in a Web Document.

Is there any way to find out where a particular font is used on a web site built with XDP+? It has over 100 pages.

= Steve

Default Re: Font Usage in a Web Document.

Steve, if you open your design file and switch to the text Tool, the Font dropdown in XPro+ now shows Used Fonts at the top.
    On a page-by-page basis, you can see your Use Fonts in the Name gallery.
    In your published site, replace index.htm with index_htm_files/xr_text.css to see the ClassNames for each font used.
    You can also check in index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css & index_htm_files/xr_custom_styles.css.

Now if you want to actually find where it is used then step though the Name gallery; very tedious.

If you know how to Search in files, you could search your HTM files with the appropriate ClassName.

Some other detail: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This really needs a better solution. I have found when doing books that frequently a blank space between sentences or after a paragraph will sometimes have a different font which shows up in document info and names gallery but is almost impossible to find. And some times it might only occur once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Steve, if you open your design file and switch to the text Tool, the Font dropdown in XPro+ now shows Used Fonts at the top.
    On a page-by-page basis, you can see your Use Fonts in the Name gallery.
    In your published site, replace index.htm with index_htm_files/xr_text.css to see the ClassNames for each font used.
    You can also check in index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css & index_htm_files/xr_custom_styles.css.

Now if you want to actually find where it is used then step though the Name gallery; very tedious.

If you know how to Search in files, you could search your HTM files with the appropriate ClassName.

Some other detail: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, that's given me somewhere to start.

= Steve

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This really needs a better solution. I have found when doing books that frequently a blank space between sentences or after a paragraph will sometimes have a different font which shows up in document info and names gallery but is almost impossible to find. And some times it might only occur once or twice.
    I agree Gary, it's way too difficult to track down where a font is being used. In my case, there are a couple of fonts that I don't even remember using and a probably left over from an earlier draft of the website. Every time I publish the site I get a warning about the fonts not being installed.

= Steve

Question Re: Font Usage in a Web Document.

Something like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Better Search.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	134148

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    I agree Gary, it's way too difficult to track down where a font is being used. In my case, there are a couple of fonts that I don't even remember using and a probably left over from an earlier draft of the website. Every time I publish the site I get a warning about the fonts not being installed.

= Steve
    Glad you brought this up Steve. I get tired of that warning as well. I look at each page and check the fonts for each page. Even though the font is long gone from the page I think Xara thinks you may use the font again.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Something like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Better Search.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	134148

Acorn
    Acorn thanks. Does this function replace the font style as well. (Ie) I want to change open-sans to Raleway.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Acorn thanks. Does this function replace the font style as well. (Ie) I want to change open-sans to Raleway.
    Bill, it doesn't exist, it is a mock-up.

I f you have used Paragraph Styles correctly then what you can do is work through your Styles and, when selected, examine the Paragraph Style Properties.
    It can be based on (No style), Normal Text or another Style.
    For those with (No style), change that to Normal Text.
    Finally, change Normal Text to use Raleway; other related Styles will update.

Your changes might be quite drastic for layout changes so you still have to check how things look.

Acorn

Thx Acorn.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design