Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: variants

Default variants

I wonder if there is a solid solution to stop variant jumping and zooming and generally being so unreliable. The only way i found so far is by creating 3 variants and disabling STFW.
    Whatever else i tried failed. When the variant reaches the transition point always jump or delay, text too small or too large or even worse zoom the page to undesired size.
    All this with STFW enabled. The only way i found , that make the site behave as intended is by disabling STFW.
    But i like this option and i like to know if there is a way i can still use it without all the undesirable effects it creates. Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Default Re: variants

Andre, when using Scale to fit width, do check the Max Width is greater than the Main width otherwise you get unpredictabilities arising.
    Second, you need to do some maths to ensure that at the transition point, the scaled-down Main font equal the the scaled-up Variant font.
    Remember, most are not resizing the browser width so the worst case ought to be the portrait to landscape flip.

I also add in a small display fade in delay to let the rendering to scale and position correctly when I detect a jump to the Variant or Main.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat