Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where did my renewal go to?

Hi folks, apologies if this has been gone over before as I have been offline since a few months ago due to advancing years and decaying bits of the body gross I know.
    My annual update was flagged up at the beginning of Sept as due followed by now out of to date. I duly went to the Magix site where there was an announcement that Xara was now handling designer pro x 19 updates etc and a nice handy link that took me to ......nowhere except for designer pro+ programmes and despite hard searching I could not find any reference to anything but+ programmes. Have I been in a time warp or a coma and woken up to a new world or is it because I have become senile?
    Help folks any ideas about where I can find the renewal or am I destined to follow xara into THEIR preferred product range?
    Is xara designer pro 19 (19.0.1.65946) dead in the water?

Cheers
    Ken
    IP

Default Re: Where did my renewal go to?

in short the rug is pulled - magix updates are no more

xara are due to release their own version 19 in due course - but it will be a new purchase not an update

you can contact xara via chat to discuss your options.... [on xara.com]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks for the information which is very disappointing as a very long time user of Xara products. So have to continue using my existing version of pro 19 until the new version may or may not be launched with I assume a hefty price tag. I recall discussions some time ago that the push was towards the + range regardless of customer loyalty. Seems this is the way of the world. Hey ho! thanks again.

Ken
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Thanks for the information which is very disappointing as a very long time user of Xara products. So have to continue using my existing version of pro 19 until the new version may or may not be launched with I assume a hefty price tag. I recall discussions some time ago that the push was towards the + range regardless of customer loyalty. Seems this is the way of the world. Hey ho! thanks again.

Ken
    Hi Ken,

Lets make sure that you have the most current information. Please see this post: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...duct-offerings

There are two offerings from Xara for you to choose from. Since you are on already on v19 and think the Plus offering is not for you, then I'm sure you will want to see v20 when available for your next upgrade consideration. Just like it has been in the past. A new version and you choose to upgrade or not. ie nothing has changed except that all product sales happen through Xara now.

Creating the Plus was at the request of loyal customers who wanted an offering to be more in line with their needs but we have always kept a non-subscription offering either through Magix and now through Xara as the alternative. And we've always offered attractive upgrade offers to our existing customers both by Magix and now with Xara.

So I'm not sure what is so disappointing for you about more product options and working with Xara directly again.

Matt
    IP

thanks for the update Matt, good to hear that the perpetual licence version is moving on to ver 20...

now we just need to wait for the release
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yeah it is good to hear that the perpetual licence will be carried on - tho this was not the impression i was given when i contacted the money rakers - i mean XARA sorry - i was told basically pay monthly or bugger off perhaps more people had a go at them for this than they anticapated
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Terrier View Post
    Yeah it is good to hear that the perpetual licence will be carried on - tho this was not the impression i was given when i contacted the money rakers - i mean XARA sorry - i was told basically pay monthly or bugger off perhaps more people had a go at them for this than they anticapated
    Hi Jack, that's very surprising that someone at Xara gave you the impression to 'bugger off' in any scenario. That surely is not how I and my team think when supporting customers. Contact us through www.xara.com/contact-us or through the chat on www.xara.com.

"perhaps more people had a go at them for this than they anticapated" - Nope pretty much quite the opposite. Sometimes this forum can be an echo chamber. Most people much prefer the Plus plans, and Xara has always offered a perpetual version of the product either through Magix or now through Xara. Nothing has changed.

Learn more here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...duct-offerings

This thread has been answered, time to close.
    IP