Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I LOVE XARA

I cannot believe how long I have been messing around with &@#$*&$ Adobe products. Xara is amazing. This is my 3rd drawing, and they just keep getting easier and more fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polo.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	15611  

I cannot believe how long I have been messing around with &@#$*&$ Adobe products. Xara is amazing. This is my 3rd drawing, and they just keep getting easier and more fun.

I always love to see Xara in the hands of someone who really knows what they are doing!

Great image.

Let's see some more!!!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Very nice indeed. Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

You used the colour well - it really shows how the bottle catches the light.

Yeah, show us more!

Risto

Very nice image.

I'd love to see a tutorial on how to draw something like this!

Bryan

The most beautiful shades of blue I have ever seen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

MB.

I can quickly tell you how I did it, I think. I started with just the blue shape of the bottle and overlaid extremely transparent highlights in the shapes that I saw while looking at the actual bottle. Once I had a basic highlight's shape, I looked at how it faded into the other colors. I set the highlight (or shadow) at around 99% transparent (barely visible) and just copied it over onto itself again and again (right mouse click) while moving it around, so that the transparencies built up on each other, while giving the appearance of fading into each other. Does that make any sense? The really bright highlights are blends, and the logos were done all together, grouped, then formed to fit the bottle with the mould tool (that took a while to get it right.) Pretty simple really. I am working on a Ferrari right now - it's shaping up pretty well. I am employing several of the same techniques. Here's a sneak peek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferrari.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	13562  

How about the contour tool? It creates the same effect, doesn't it? (A shape with trasnparent contour (100%))

The Ferrari is most promising. Were you looking at a real one too during drawing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

MB.

[This message was edited by Balazs Magyar on February 09, 2001 at 03:10 AM.]