Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Button problem

Default Re: Button problem

initiostar's solution solves the link to other pages problem. However, it still falls foul of having to cobble together a bodge to allow the menu to have an animated reveal. Xara only allows the instant 'Boom-I'm-HEEAAARRR' approach if the object is sticky.

Choosing a transition in the Pop-Up Layer Settings is ignored by Xara. Choose a Reveal Animation in Web Animation, and Xara will tell you it can't do that.

Both Acorn's and initiostar's solutions have the individual objects in their menu set to a Reveal Animation. The only way I know how to do that is the cut/paste, add reveal, cut/paste bodge...is there an alternative?

Chris, the trick is to either remove and re-apply the Link > Pop-up layer action or set it up as your last commit; no need to move the blobs around.

To control a host of different reveals and timings.
    Place a shape in Menu(lock) and Name it 'blob' or as you fancy. Make it Repeat on all pages.
    For all reveal animations, include the trigger object name: blob.

It is still a pain to set up correctly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Chris, the trick is to either remove and re-apply the Link > Pop-up layer action or set it up as your last commit; no need to move the blobs around.
    That doesn't work for me either.

One shape on MouseOff, one shape on a layer 'menu'
    Shape on MouseOff is used to trigger Pop-Up Layer 'menu' with any animation in the Settings. Works as expected.
    Edit anything you like, everything works as expected
    Add sticky to anything except the shape on Layer 'menu', everything is fine
    Make the shape on Layer 'menu' sticky, animation ceases to work
    It doesn't matter which order, or if I deselect and re-select, adding Sticky to the shape on Layer 'menu' breaks it.

Both Acorn's and initiostar's animated menu reveal are achieved through Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll, which Xara says it can't do, unless workarounds are used.

Sorry for the persistent rant, but I think this is a basic function that I first came across in 2019. I whinged about it then, I whinged about it last February, I'm whinging about it now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whinge1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	134118 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whinge2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	134119

I was advising about the shapes' animations only.
    I agree that Layer Animation and Links on Layers ought not to be bugged up (I originally had a different verb here).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is a solution that is completely Xara that meets most of my expectations.

Hnadling transiitioning Layers.xar

There is one small bit of CSS that I have included that moves the menu text off the left edge.
    Normal buttons do not need this.

Acorn