Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Xara Web Designer Plus - Discounted First Year Subscription

Xara is offering the following:
    ✨ 40% OFF Until Tomorrow ✨
    Get it for $71.40 instead of $119.00
    Save $47.60 on Xara Web Designer+

This version 23.4 is version is your all-in-one solution for advanced web design and publishing. An always updated version. With constant new content and features.

Pay only $71.40 for the first year.
    To enjoy this offer, simply use this code in the checkout:
    ✨ Use code: MAGIX-SEPT23
    Save $47.60 on Xara Web Designer+
    Only valid until tomorrow!
    Remember the Plus products are Subscription, so you would pay the full amount in the second year.

Why the rush?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Plus - Discounted First Year Subscription

They can keep it, I'll stick with the XDP 19 version. :-)

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    They can keep it, I'll stick with the XDP 19 version. :-)
    That has always been your decision.

Another email in for Xara Designer Pro Plus; first year $108 vs normal $180.
    Again for one day only, same code MAGIX-SEPT23.

Perhaps in the following month it will become XARA-OCT23?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

oh dear... and i read so much about never rushing into things as bad guys always try to push you into making a bad descision [bad for you that is]

still, xara of course, as we all know are angels...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Subscription?

Nono. thank you.
    IP

Sounds like Magix marketing!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022
    IP

Name:  oh dear.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  3.5 KB
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

And there we have the contrast: a Subscription model or the Magix Update Service.

Magix's approach was a form of blackmail as you only had a preview of the offered capabilities, so if had a subsequent reinstall you reverted to you last register version. Use a new feature and you had to update.
    Xara's subscription at least is always the latest version. MagiXara always held back on feature release.

Taken together, both cost around the same.
    As a professional designer, I can afford either but prefer using the latest for development integrity.
    As a hobbyist, the product cost is way too high for most so graphic & DTP designers will probably drift over to Affinity.
    To keep the web end of the market, Xara would need to tie into an integrated SSL-provisioned service as even here the drift is from web into social media.

Acorn
    IP

I use Xara as a Landscape Architect for drawing, presenting, cartography and lay out of documents. No need for the latest flashy social media/web gadgets as long as I can produce some webpages should someone ask for it and somtimes as a medium to present ideas.

I love Xara for its fluidity and the way it handles large bitmaps and the possibility to use photographs and add elements to them to show how a landscape design will work out. I've used Xara for more than 20 years and will use it for another x years but I won't step into a subscription based software model.

I don't like Affinity's UI and so won't switch to it. Besides that; it lacks the DTP and export possibilities on offer with Xara.
    Inkscape is developing rather fast and suits my needs almost. The use of plugins for vector editing makes it a strong contender. But for the speed and the way it handles bitmaps it's nowhere near to Xara.

So I'll stick to v19 for some time to come unless Xara is willing to revert to a scheme where one can us the product even after the subscription ends. As said before; willing to splash out €200 for a version working indefinitely and willing to update may a feature be worthwhile to splash out more cash. And I think a lot of users are in the same position. (and hence they are looking elsewhere and the user base is declining so rapidly...)
    IP

Xara has two plans. A subscription and a non-subscription. For non-subscription users on v19, you have the most current version of that plan.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...945#post656945

For owners of existing products, there are upgrade offers. We are happy to engage about your situation. As always, feel free to contact us through the chat at www.xara.com or through email at www.xara.com/contact-us

This is factly false "the user base is declining so rapidly..."

As the thread has been answered, good time to close it.
    Last edited by MB365; 01 October 2023 at 07:23 AM.
    IP