Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ice Cream Slideshow Maker

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I've been using Ice Cream Slideshow Maker https://icecreamapps.com/Slideshow-Maker/ for our You Tube animated stereograms. The new version (Free and paid, paid version is around $35US) includes a variety of fades plus motion so you can use this to easily create a Ken Burns type video and export to MP4, AVI, MOV, and MP4. It's easy enough that I can use it. You can create your slide show from 640 x 480 pixels to 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. And you can add audio.

Very low rez demo http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/Ice-C...demaker%20Demo
    Thanks Gary. Looks good. I will try and see how it goes. Very kind of you to send the link

Thanks Gary. Looks good. I will try and see how it goes. Very kind of you to send the link
    My pleasure.

I must be old school.

While GaryP's WEBM puts on a good display for a slideshow, I would be loath to build something like this for a client who at their last viewing decides the order is wrong or a transition timing is off.

I have amended my original design file to make it a little more accessible to changing timings and transitions: CSS - Ken Burns.xar.

If a slideshow was required, rather than just presenting a single image, I would still go with @Initiostar suggestion of using the Xara Presentation approach as then you can have any variety of page (slide) transitions this affords. In a slideshow, the CSS code would be placed in the Page code areas if different timings and transitions were being used for each slide.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is it possible to export a Presentation as a video?
    While GaryP's WEBM puts on a good display for a slideshow, I would be loath to build something like this for a client who at their last viewing decides the order is wrong or a transition timing is off.
    It is no problem at all to change the order, timing, transition for the Ice Cream Slideshow. And no need to code or to modify the code. And as long as you do not require a hi rez version of the slideshow the software is free.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is it possible to export a Presentation as a video?
    It is no problem at all to change the order, timing, transition for the Ice Cream Slideshow. And no need to code or to modify the code. And as long as you do not require a hi rez version of the slideshow the software is free.
    Gary, a Xara app wouldn't create a video for you but there are screen capture products around.

For me, it is the need to have to create a video and embed that. I hate trading down and losing quality.
    I am happier knowing I can make pan and zoom work for a single image and that it is scalable.

Clearly, there's a case for each approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat