Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Full width Google map

I am trying to make a full width google map. I set the width to 100% but is not working. Any help will be appreciated.

Default Re: Full width Google map

Try setting the Placeholder/widget to Stretch Full Width: Utilities > Web Sticky/Stretchy

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Try setting the Placeholder/widget to Stretch Full Width: Utilities > Web Sticky/Stretchy
    That's not working

I thought this will be easy task for the experts here. But apparently is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    I didn't know we had to be on the clock 24/7.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I didn't know we had to be on the clock 24/7.

Acorn
    You were 15 minutes late. I'm docking your pay accordingly. What's 25% of nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    you do know we don't get paid for this.. we just do it out of generosity, right?

and maybe, just maybe, we also have other things to do as well...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Of course I know you do it out of generosity and I am very grateful for the solutions you have provided for me so far. I didn't mean to be offensive. Just a bit frustrated as I spent two days on this.i apologise if it came out wrong.
    I didn't mean it this way. Sorry. My bad!

Andre, you did not explain what you wanted to do with it so i have designed something that allows you to add any location and scaling in google Maps and then use its Share and Embed > Embed a Map option.

Copy this code into a Placeholder Body and change the width to 100% and the height to a large number. I chose 2048.

In Export options, I set Scale to fit width to 4096.

These options cover most browser scalings and widths.

The Placeholder has to be the bottommost object on MouseOff layer.
    The Placeholder must not have Re-generate applied.

Google Maps Embed - Oslo.xar

There are other approaches using the Google Maps API but you would need to have gaining an API Key.

The other method is to just use a static image and use CSS to make it cover the browser. Far more code but it then doesn't require an live Internet connection.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn. I just want full width map, not full screen. Something like a banner.