Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slow local preview

After I work for more than 1-2 hours (xara designer pro +) preview website locally becomes
    Impossible. It takes forever to load. As long as 3 to 4 minutes. Sometimes longer.
    Everything else works fine, just the preview. When I restart, everything works fine again.
    This is seems to start happening after the latest update. The site is only 6 pages
    Preview just one page doesn't help either.

Default Re: Slow local preview

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    After I work for more than 1-2 hours (xara designer pro +) preview website locally becomes
    Impossible. It takes forever to load. As long as 3 to 4 minutes. Sometimes longer.
    Everything else works fine, just the preview. When I restart, everything works fine again.
    This is seems to start happening after the latest update. The site is only 6 pages
    Preview just one page doesn't help either.
    Andre, if you are using Pro+ and have enabled WebP then generation does take markedly longer.

I design and preview without WebP on until I am publishing.

4-5 minutes is deadly however.
    Try Export Website and see if Preview is quicker.
    If you just Preview, your site goes into your Local AppData Temp folder.
    If you Export Website, and thereafter, Preview, your site goes into your local local folder.
    There might be a difference.

I've not been working on anything for long periods to notice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Slow local preview

That was awesome Acorn. As soon as i disabled WebP all my problems vanished. Even the program now run faster.
    Been working nearly 2 hours now non stop and i haven't experienced any slowdown at all.
    Thanks a million Acorn!!!