Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blocks - Not Wysiwyg?

Tried a second time to build something using web blocks but when uploaded most of the content couldn't be seen. I deleted eveything and just left one element, a spacer called "Blocks Title (decor-top)" which has the text "Section Title" built in with "Istok Web" font
    When uploaded this title is in small text even if amended to a different font.
    Cleared the cache and tested on two PC's and an Ipad and it's the same with all - although it looks correct in the preview.

I'm not sure these blocks have been fully tested but I've wasted another couple of days trying them and now have to build the website from scratch again - luckily it's my own with very few pages so it doesn't matter too much but i'm not sure I'll be using the blocks again.

Default Re: Blocks - Not Wysiwyg?

Quote Originally Posted by kilo View Post
    Tried a second time to build something using web blocks but when uploaded most of the content couldn't be seen. I deleted eveything and just left one element, a spacer called "Blocks Title (decor-top)" which has the text "Section Title" built in with "Istok Web" font
    When uploaded this title is in small text even if amended to a different font.
    Cleared the cache and tested on two PC's and an Ipad and it's the same with all - although it looks correct in the preview.

I'm not sure these blocks have been fully tested but I've wasted another couple of days trying them and now have to build the website from scratch again - luckily it's my own with very few pages so it doesn't matter too much but i'm not sure I'll be using the blocks again.
    What is the URL of the sites? Please contact us directly at Xara, either through the chat at www.xara.com or through email at www.xara.com/contact-us
    Thanks,
    Matt

kilo, the WB, Blocks title (decor-top), is fairly simple in its construction so there is little to stop you changing almost any aspect of it.

I have tried in a Blocks design and a Conventional one and my alterations have rendered properly.
    Upload your design file for a check over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    kilo, the WB, Blocks title (decor-top), is fairly simple in its construction so there is little to stop you changing almost any aspect of it.

I have tried in a Blocks design and a Conventional one and my alterations have rendered properly.
    Upload your design file for a check over.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, have sent the file to Matt to take a look at.