Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: What Happened to Xara/Magix Online Content?

recently completed but not announced is a new Xara perpetual v19. It is a one-time payment
    thanks for that

of course, not being announced meant I was not aware of it; good to know now

acorn has raised some good points - SVG would be a winner for me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I am shocked that the perpetual V19 costs 199,- with no template libs and no blocks. (V19.0.2....)

I took the trial version but see no reason to upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara v19 upgrade.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	134078
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Red14 View Post
    I am shocked that the perpetual V19 costs 199,- with no template libs and no blocks. (V19.0.2....)
    I took the trial version but see no reason to upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara v19 upgrade.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	134078
    Re, I've not seen the new Xara v19.0.2 advertised yet.
    Have you a link?

I think you've found the Magix product.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

released in 2022
    then has to be magix version

and:

(V19.0.2....)
    your capture does not say it is this, only version 19

as magix no longer sell xara product, inclined to think this is third party offloading old stock [and being upfront about the template library and blocks] ?
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Here's is where i got the V19.0.2.... Trial version from: https://www.xara.com/web-19-download/

The file is named "XWDL19Setup.exe" and about 863MB in size.

the screenshot is taken from the in-trial upgrade button function

It looks to me that all what is in de library is all what you get and no further updates.

And it is genuine Xara.

I checked the file and it is 19.0.2......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icon.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	134079
    IP

typical

ok - it is a xara release then, shame they don't announce these things in the forum any more

having said that, it is a xara release of the magix version; with a few tweaks that merit the 19.0.2 numbering

there never were blocks in the magix version and the magix update servive is dead so no template updates unless xara reinstate them

it seems xara are continuing this version so that those who do not already have the product still have a stand alone option to buy; still a work in progress I think...

Quote Originally Posted by MB365
    Third, recently completed but not announced
    matt - you might have said it was available for download
    Last edited by handrawn; 19 September 2023 at 01:34 PM. Reason: add quote
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Sure, but what about that absurd pricing? Im coming from 39 or 59 bucks a year for updates to this????? 199 sounds (and feels) like a scam!
    IP

It's web designer which I do not use it myself but if, as I suspect, it is 'the same as' designer, then there would be nothing in this update for anyone who already has the current magix version, in my case designer pro 19.0.0.642

anyone who has a magix version has to face up to the fact that their update service is dead, once run out there will be no more template/OCC updates

to move forward you have now to buy from xara - as xara appear to be pitching 19.0.2 at new customers the price probably reflects that - it is not an upgrade, at the sake of repeating myself, they are no more for version 19

now that might change, but currently the only other option is to go pro+ that is, subscription

a bummer for some, true, but it is a commercial descision by the company; nothing we can do here - you could contact them direct via chat...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I bought always Magix (for paying with my EU debit card account), but downloaded the web designer software always from xara.com site as Magix did not have english language version, just eu languages like french, german or dutch....
    That worked brilliant, the xara variant always accepted my serial number, dunno if xara OR magix supplied the software updates but now we all are put on a crossways, and a huge price increase whatever we decide.
    (only option is to sit out an obsolete version with OCC backups until one is ready for another brand of designre software.
    IP

what you could do is buy the pro+ for a year; you will get template updates and blocks but after a year you will need to resubscribe to keep the program; it might give you a breathing space to migrate, and maybe xara will have reintroduced updates to version 19, although what works in pro+ may not in 19

if you go here https://www.xara.com/welcome/

and scroll down to: GET YOUR DISCOUNT NOW you may get a discount for this...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP