Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: What Happened to Xara/Magix Online Content?

Jumping back in to plug the holes.

What Desktop products does Xara offer:
    Designer Pro+: The flagship desktop designer product that has all features (think ProX)
    Web Designer+: Scoped to the website building features (like Web Designer Premium vs Pro X).
    Photo/Graphic Designer+: Scoped to graphics and illustrations (like PGD vs ProX)

The Plus products are subscription plans:
    * you always have the latest version (currently v23.4)
    * frequent product updates and improvements (10 last year, 6 this year so far)
    * impactful new features
    * access to a large, growing template and component library (3500+ new items in the last 3 months)
    * premium level support directly from Xara (chat and email)

If you rely on Xara for business purposes, want instant access to the latest features and fixes, like to leverage a professionally designed template library, and require business-level support, then Plus is for you.

Also, we have a perpetual v19 that just became available but that has not been announced on the Xara website yet. We’ve created this version so we can offer an equivalent to what Magix was offering, for customers who require perpetual (such as academic and government) and the pricing is for new customers rather than upgrades. These products, like the Plus products, are built with the Xara account system and installer (100% Xara version, no Magix). The noticeboard typo of ‘first year’ is (being) fixed.
    * one-time payment, you own the version
    * online help resources
    * bundled standard templates
    * no product updates
    * no online content catalog
    * nothing turns off
    * upgrade will be a new purchase

Xara Perpetual is a great option for personal and casual use, pro-sumers, or for those creative side projects. A stable product that does what you need it to do.

Xara products that you previously bought (not Plus or the new Xara perpetual) should be available in the Magix Service Center as they have been for many years. For these products, any account, license, activation, and installation issues are still supported by Magix as these products rely on their systems and technologies. Xara offers product feature support during an active Magix update service.

As always, you can contact us through the chat on www.xara.com or by email at www.xara.com/contact-us

We will do a post in the TG announcement section with these details. We will close this thread so people aren't confused by the speculation and it has gone off topic from the original question.
    Last edited by webmaster; 24 September 2023 at 05:30 AM.
    IP

ok thanks again matt
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

As Matt has not closed this Thread, here is a useful update.

If you download the trial, one of its pop-up is a discount code, PERPETUAL70, that drops the Web Designer v19.0.2, high price of $199 to $59.
    You probably need to factor in VAT or other local tax.

I almost went for it but decided Web Designer was too cut down for my actual needs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I hope XARA will announce when they release the option of that "unlimited" version of XDPX v19. And I hope there will be a discount for existing users of version 18-19.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    I hope XARA will announce when they release the option of that "unlimited" version of XDPX v19. And I hope there will be a discount for existing users of version 18-19.
    Now that would be nice.

In case Matt wants to close this Thread as off-topic, the whole reason we are bearing down on this is the resultant loss of access to templates and components that make the product usable. They never should have been placed behind a paywall, the main reason I abandoned Magix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

in the thread that was closed, matt, in reply to michael's comment replied:

This is factly [sic] false "the user base is declining so rapidly..."

now it may be factually correct that overall the user base is not declining, but is the base of non-web/office-document users declining, which is what I think Michael meant ?

I have received a third email from xara, and I quote:

This offer is exclusive to you for being a Xara loyal customer

wow... in what way is it exclusive ?

1] no one else is getting such an offer
    2] my offer is at a special price no one else is getting
    3] I am being singled out as someone really really exceptional...

or is it just yet more marketing guff
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

No, I think it's an offer only made to you, handrawn! I never got such an offer, any offer, as a matter of fact. ;-)
    IP

It has to be 3].

Acorn
    IP

@ boy you probably have to be on the right/wrong emaiil list
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

@ acorn exceptional can be a blessing or a curse
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP