Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web Designer Premium 15 has stopped saving/recalling custom FTP profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ...I prefer the Subscription model and being up-to-date.
    For instance, if I were to re-install v15, it would revert to v15.0 from v15.1. I would lose so many fixes that it would be unworkable for me.

Acorn
    The problem I have with subscription models - besides the perpetual fee - is that they tend to be perpetual "works in progress" - almost like continuous beta versions. Constantly changing and rearranging - never a "finished" product and, in my experience, never stable as a result of the constant changes. They might fix an old bug one month but then create two new ones in the process of adding some new feature.

That said, WDP 15 has been "buggy" at times too, so...

Default Re: Web Designer Premium 15 has stopped saving/recalling custom FTP profiles

I am still using 15.1 designer pro for a lot of things, that later versions have messed with, eg merging PDF import

I am glad you got it sorted; blitzing the registry can be a gamble unless you know exactly what you are doing.....
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 September 2023 at 06:04 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWeb View Post
    The problem I have with subscription models - besides the perpetual fee - is that they tend to be perpetual "works in progress" - almost like continuous beta versions. Constantly changing and rearranging - never a "finished" product and, in my experience, never stable as a result of the constant changes. They might fix an old bug one month but then create two new ones in the process of adding some new feature.

That said, WDP 15 has been "buggy" at times too, so...
    Yes, Xara seems to have foregone beta testing and new features beget bugs and come and go. The current approach, however, achieves a forward momentum that otherwise took Xara around a year to previously achieve. The speed of change is an order faster.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWeb View Post
    Yes, sometimes removing and reinstalling an APP creates multiple registry entries that get tangled up. I tried to find everything labeled "Xara" and delete it for a clean install. It seems to have finally worked. Don't know what went wrong that originally caused the problem but its working now after several re-boots.

BTW - In case you're wondering, I bought WDP as part of the Magix/Vegas "Humble Bundle" back in Dec 2017. Receipt attached. Yes, 2017 was a long time ago but I don't want Xara's new subscription model.
    @MaxWeb - There are other upgrade options to get you much more current. Use the chat at www.xara.com or the contact form at www.xara.com/contact-us
    We would be happy to help you.