Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Animated Stereograms

We have added a YouTube Gallery of animated stereograms. These are essentially slide shows with long dissolves created with IceCream Slideshow Maker.

Check it out. And follow us. We need followers. https://www.youtube.com/@Eyetricks3DStereograms

Default Re: Animated Stereograms

Very good Gary. I find the ones with half screen changes easier to keep in focus. If the pattern change is occuring at the top half of the screen I focus at the lower (old) stereo which helps me keep my eyes in the fixed stare to view. The others can be difficult to keep within 'stare' if there's a whole pattern change as well as a symbol change. I can keep the stare fixed on the logo ones best.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm having difficulty keeping focus on transition; agree with egg, they are good
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Interesting comments. Because I essentially view stereograms every day I don't have any issues (not surprising) but for me the transitions with the horizontal stripes and with a distinct pattern change are the most effective. I like the subtlety and simplicity of the simple cross fades.

I had a web-based app some time ago that could do very sophisticated wipes and fades but it required two folders to be copied to the website's core directory. I no longer have the web app and I think they were a Russian company so I was not able to find their product in a web search. Egg - I think you turned me on to a screen capture utility to download the animations and convert them to MP4 and such. But I can't remember what that capture utility was. Is. Were.

Very nice art Gary.

I could not view them at all in 3D on my big PC monitor which is about 60cm from my eyes and about 64cm wide so my viewing angle is a bit over 60 degrees. Different story on my iPad which is only 23cm wide but still 60cm away when I'm holding it - e.g. Everything is Cubular just snaps into 3D-ness and stays that way. I'm guessing my eyes can't relax enough to merge the two images at the larger viewing angle. Maybe there's an ideal presentation width and viewing angle?

If the repeating panels are larger then 2.5-3inches it gets had to resolve the 3D. Ideally I like the repeats to be about 1.7 to 2". I still create 10 x 8 inches which is for commercial printing. So at twice that size the image is hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Interesting comments. Because I essentially view stereograms every day I don't have any issues (not surprising) but for me the transitions with the horizontal stripes and with a distinct pattern change are the most effective. I like the subtlety and simplicity of the simple cross fades.
    I rarely if ever see a stereogram without a finite number of seconds passing, whilst I concentrate on 'undoing' what I first see; even when I know what I should see it makes little difference

the transition from the red floral heart/peace to the yellow peace is easiest; the horizontal stripes just get in the way and my brain has to reset
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This one will definitely play tricks with your mind. I combined a converging and diverging version (top half and bottom half) of a spiral. If you look first at the top half, then look at the bottom half, the top half might now look like it's going way back. The effect was not intentional. It was more of a what would happen if I . . .

If you view the image converging (cross eyes) it gets really weird. Especially if you move back and forth and side to side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Messin' with You.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	646.3 KB 
ID:	134055  

Confusing indeed! The top half popped into view almost immediately but it took longer to see what's happening -- the reverse -- with the bottom half. After that, it was fun switching up and down. Very nice, Gary!

Yes, yhe top half popped out no problem whilst the bottom wasn't so easy to see.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host