Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New nav bars in the catalogue

Probably Pro+ users have noticed this by now. Xara has taken the new buttons, and made some handy nav bars. Very convenient. Thanks Xara for the update.

W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: New nav bars in the catalogue

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Probably Pro+ users have noticed this by now. Xara has taken the new buttons, and made some handy nav bars. Very convenient. Thanks Xara for the update.
    W
    Bill, can you flag the name of one of these as I cannot separate them out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@acorn. Not sure what you mean by flagging the name. I can list all the new nav bars but there’s around 30 of them. I can add a # for search purposes. Any of the #fancy buttons have been made into nav bars. They work with free form, or modular sites. Also a YouTube on it.

https://youtu.be/VCWWGfrXrkw?si=5B8WMIr52Kd4cxRH
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thumbs down Re: New nav bars in the catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    @acorn. Not sure what you mean by flagging the name. I can list all the new nav bars but there’s around 30 of them. I can add a # for search purposes. Any of the #fancy buttons have been made into nav bars. They work with free form, or modular sites. Also a YouTube on it.
    https://youtu.be/VCWWGfrXrkw?si=5B8WMIr52Kd4cxRH
    Bill, thank you for the link.

I think I see the problem I had. Xara has added a new NavBar menu option to 'Change Style'.
    When you mentioned "new buttons", I took this to means the ones that use the layout and a Visibility trigger to toggle state (previously this was a MouseOff and MouseOver operation). These new layout-visibility buttons still cannot be used to make NavBars and neither can you right-click > Change Style with them.

The example used in the video was a Modular Website using old style buttons in the NavBar.

The present state of play:
    • Xara replaced all old style buttons to layout visibility buttons in the OCC.
    • Xara NavBars cannot use layout visibility buttons.
    • I have not got any examples of a layout visibility button NavBar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat