Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animating SVG

Default Re: Animating SVG

Video re setting the origin for use in Boxy.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Animating SVG

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Video re setting the origin for use in Boxy.
    Egg, you can set the Origin of any shape as follows:
    • Pick the geometry tool in Boxy SVG.
    • Click-drag in the right of the OriginX or OriginY number field.
    • Drag left and the value reduces and you should see a small black crosshair, which is the Origin Centre.
    • Once you find it, you can click-drag it directly to where you want the origin to be.

I cheated with my rotating crown by cloning grouping and centring just as you described then I found Geometry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ah! You got it. I had come across the geometry window in passing but it was greyed out. Now I realise you need to be in Elements to get this ungreyed. Thanks a lot.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Getting the hang of the timeline now but still having issues with easing properties i.e. as in the ball rolling down the hill.

DEMO
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Getting the hang of the timeline now but still having issues with easing properties i.e. as in the ball rolling down the hill.
    DEMO
    Egg, if you add more Nodes to the Motion Path, each Node can have its own Easing function.
    Also, there are control points for each easing so that you can tweak them further.

Nice demo.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

good to know - slightist [unintentional] wobble in easing can stick out like a sore thumb

I currently have no practical use for animating SVG, just curiosity - does the program interpolate between two instances of an image that are in different poses ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    good to know - slightist [unintentional] wobble in easing can stick out like a sore thumb
    I currently have no practical use for animating SVG, just curiosity - does the program interpolate between two instances of an image that are in different poses ?
    handrawn, Boxy SVG will move an image, or SVG, along a Path.
    As such there is no tweening.

I cloned the hand and used some CSS to colour doge it with an increasing opacity.

handrawn.svg

Acorn

ah if only it was just the pencil that faded out of reach and not that good idea you had just before you were rudely interupted...

no tweening at all then, probably just as well as I have to get my head round access again for a project database... bin 20 years, can't be that hard

I'll be busy
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Acorn.

HD do you mean to morph like this? I can't see if it's possible in Boxy yet but it is in svGator, which I created this one in. Of course it helps if you can draw better than me.

DEMO
    Egg