Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Open rest of the text

I want to state a preview text with one sentence. When you click on the word "more" the longer rest of the text should pop up under the preview text on the same page.
    How can I do that with Xara Web Designer + ? Thank you for answers.

Default Re: Open rest of the text

Quote Originally Posted by DesignAlex View Post
    I want to state a preview text with one sentence. When you click on the word "more" the longer rest of the text should pop up under the preview text on the same page. How can I do that with Xara Web Designer + ? Thank you for answers.
    Alex, welcome to TalkGraphics. You almost answered your own question.

Create a pop-up layer with a useful layer name, e.g., topic01.
    On the preview text > more, in the text tool, highlight 'more' and in Web Properties > Link > Pop-up layer, link to 'topic01' and Apply.

You will probably have to add a backing box of some colour behind the fuller text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry, how can I create a pop-up layer?

Sorry, back.

Sit down with the Help file.
    Search for the keywords that I used.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello. Thank You Acorn. I have now a text popping up on a different layer when I click on "more". The problem now is, it does not supersede the objects behind it.
    My aim was something you find often on the Amazon website: click on an arrow for more details, close the details with another arrow. Like a drawer furniture.

On the MouseOff layer create your button/text to open your layer.
    Create a layer, populate with your content and name it anything, but have the word (lock) at the end. Like this - anything(lock)

On MouseOff, select your button and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Pop-Up Layer (drop menu). Choose anything(lock), then click Settings... and choose an animation: stretch/slide/etc.
    On the layer, create a button/text to close the popup. Select the button and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Link To Web Or Email Address (radio) and type popup:close

Have a look at the attached .xar to see how it comes together.

>>>DesignAlex.xar <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    On the MouseOff layer create your button/text to open your layer.
    Create a layer, populate with your content and name it anything, but have the word (lock) at the end. Like this - anything(lock)

On MouseOff, select your button and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Pop-Up Layer (drop menu). Choose anything(lock), then click Settings... and choose an animation: stretch/slide/etc.
    On the layer, create a button/text to close the popup. Select the button and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Link To Web Or Email Address (radio) and type popup:close

Have a look at the attached .xar to see how it comes together.

>>>DesignAlex.xar <<<
    Chris, quite jazzy.

The OP is asking about a vertical accordion mechanism where the below text is move down to accommodate the 'more' text and on closing, it all slides back up.

@DesignAlex, Xara has no such mechanism as it is pure WYSIWYG and so the page will never grow. Here is a link to a crude attempt using a Placeholder but this is not that elegant: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...287#post650287.

Possibly your best approach might be to code it all.
    This example uses the HTML summary/detail construct and some CSS code: https://codepen.io/dada1smo/pen/LYydWBg.
    The styling can be altered but bear in mind the overall height of the Placeholder is the boundary.
    Not for the faint-hearted.

If it was my project, I might consider using anime.js or JavaScript calls to objects with different ClassNames to shift blocks of the page down for the effect you seem to be after.

Acorn