Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default The right tool for the job?

After wasting way more hours than is necessary trying to create a custom sticky nav bar with a drop down menu in Designer Pro+ I saved the site and opened it in Designer Pro X, v 18 and had the nav bar working properly in minutes.

This might have something to do with the new Blocks?

Then I was able to open the Pro X file in Pro+ and all is good.

I'm glad this is my last website. I am getting too old for this.

Default Re: The right tool for the job?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    After wasting way more hours than is necessary trying to create a custom sticky nav bar with a drop down menu in Designer Pro+ I saved the site and opened it in Designer Pro X, v 18 and had the nav bar working properly in minutes.
    This might have something to do with the new Blocks?
    Then I was able to open the Pro X file in Pro+ and all is good.
    I'm glad this is my last website. I am getting too old for this.
    Xara mentioned the WBs were incidental to this fault.

It should have gone in Xara Designer Pro+ 23.3.0.67471 SL x64 Aug 17 2023.
    Did you update?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It should have gone in Xara Designer Pro+ 23.3.0.67471 SL x64 Aug 17 2023.
    Did you update?
    Yes.

Creating a 480px variant published the variant for the full size page and the full size page for the variant.

Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Creating a 480px variant published the variant for the full size page and the full size page for the variant.
    Oy!
    What? That didn't work?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK I have no idea why this was the problem. On the home page, there is a photo of a book with a drop shadow set to repel text. With the variant the main home page displays with the book stretched but not rotated, and the text is not repelling.

I converted the book to editable shapes and ungrouped leaving just the shadow to repel the text and now it displays correctly in the preview.

UPDATE: I brought everything back in Pro+ I was still having the problem with the hero photo not rotating. And not repelling.

I dragged the incorrect photo onto the desktop and noticed it was a WebP image.

I turned off the WebP option in Website Properties and bingo, everything is now working correctly.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 23 August 2023 at 09:19 PM.