Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Convert NAVBAR to HAMBURGER

Hi Everybody,

(using Web Designer Premium 19.0.1.65946)

I created a multi-page site from scratch, but just in a single variant.
    (Don't know why, will never do that again)
    Made up a simple "button" graphic, converted that to a NavBar, and added several buttons.
    That is my nifty NavBar.

Then, I added a second variant, for a mobile-phone sized rendition.

So! When I select the Mobile variant in WDP, I was expecting to just rearrange the containers
    so they fit properly.
    I found each of the pages has a copy of that nifty NavBar, which doesn't/will never fit.

Can I convert this nifty NavBar copy to a HAMBURGER style? And... how?
    Many Thanks,
    -Paul-
    If I wasn't so stupid, I wouldn't have to be so persistent.

Default Re: Convert NAVBAR to HAMBURGER

Paul, your nifty nav bar is a repeating, and stationary in all variants. I’m using pro+ and I can delete a repeating object, with a dialogue “delete on just this page or all pages”. Do you see that dialogue in web designer?
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Convert NAVBAR to HAMBURGER

Paul, you need to understand two concepts.
    Firstly, you have probably used Repeat on all pages for the the NavBar and copied into the Variant(s).
    If you have instead Shared across variants then you will have copied and pasted into each Variant page, which is the wrong way.
    if you have done it this way then copy the Main Home page NavBar and delete all other instances anywhere.
    Then Share across variants and immediately UnShare. Finally, use Repeat on all pages for each Variant in turn.

Secondly, your current NavBar is a collection of top-level buttons with possible sub-menus.
    (If no sub-menus, you shouldn't really be using a NavBar).
    A Hamburger is just a top-level menu of one button with a Hamburger glyph (text character).
    What you have to do click Add when you are at the top of your NavBar structure to create a leading top-level entry and make its text into a Hamburger.
    Next, for all the former other buttons, recreate them as menu items under the Hamburger.
    At this point you can highlight and drag menu items from the older buttons to their similar new menu items.
    Finally, delete all the old button entries until you have Hamburger > [add Menu Items == old Buttons]* > transferred old menu items.
    Basically, sub-menu transfers are possible, just no promotion or demotion involving buttons.

Never liked Xara NavBars as they have too much code.
    The recent Plus change to include any available font for a menu item style is a sort of move.
    i would rather prefer Xara handling HTML unordered lists properly for bulleted text so then some CSS can translate them into NavBars.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat