Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Free 14 day trial

Well I am a bit disappointed.

I received an email from Xara telling me about the new changes in Xara cloud and to press a button to see them.

This took me through to signing into my account (which I thought was the one I have had for 10 plus years) but it wasn't.

It was for a free 14 day trial which I didn't want!

Usually, I get an email whenever a new version of Designer Pro+ has come out and can see what is new, but this was in my opinion a bit sneaky.

I have a permanent licence for an earlier version of Designer Pro and won't update to the cloud version until there is the ability to merge multiple layers, import 2D .DXF files and a proper raster to vector routine.

There doesn't seem to be a way to contact Xara and explain this mistake (which I openly admit was probably my fault) so I have posted it here.

Sorry rant over.

Default Re: Free 14 day trial

use the chat on xara.com to contact xara direct

your account for cloud will not be the one you had for 10 years, as cloud has not been in existence that long
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks handrawn,

I realise that now :-(

Message sent to Sales to try to sort this.

hope you get it sorted out
    Nothing lasts forever...

I did something similar a time back and my paid cover got munged into a free one.
    Xara sorted it and me out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nothing lasts forever...

Yeah, I've just had that as well. A while back, I upgraded my v18 to v19 which then had a service expiry date of Nov 2022.
    To try and upgrade to XPGD+ I used that v19 P3 registration code, downloaded, installed and ran XGPD+ The activation webpage tells me that my 14-day trial has expired.

I only really wanted the upgrade to be able to easily scale/stretch photos, so I'm wondering now whether it's gonna be worth the hassle for the extra £50.

{sigh}

I can't say that would be any easier in pro+

acorn might know different
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    Yeah, I've just had that as well. A while back, I upgraded my v18 to v19 which then had a service expiry date of Nov 2022.
    To try and upgrade to XPGD+ I used that v19 P3 registration code, downloaded, installed and ran XGPD+ The activation webpage tells me that my 14-day trial has expired.

I only really wanted the upgrade to be able to easily scale/stretch photos, so I'm wondering now whether it's gonna be worth the hassle for the extra £50.

{sigh}
    Most likely a 'new' Xara account was created without you knowing this was happening (possibly when trying to log into xara.com for the old portal or a trial a long time ago). Please contact us through the chat on www.xara.com or through the email form at www.xara.com/contact-us

We can extend your trial to test PG+ and/or help you through the purchase process as needed.

Cheers,
    Matt

Cheers. I've filled in a contact form with the details. ��