Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

rendered this whole bit, and whoila.... a few simple objects, some texturing, some glow and luminence, and ya have a space corridor... which because of the tubes modular build, when joined up with other such tubes etc, and given other tubes have different simple objects in them, when all put together will hopefully make up a space station that you can actualy "walk through"

and... that's pretty much it gentlemen, some very basic shapes extruded and placed, and all colored up pretty like...

Though I do intend on going back into this here corridor and add some more detail, such as rivets, nuts and bolt, perhaps a few digital displays for the thermo tubes, maybe a few condutes for some wiring etc etc... as well fix a few areas, and add some better texturing and a few more fx, so as to come away with a very cool looking end result... Simple stuff at first to get the base, as shown here, and then tweak tweak tweak

oh, and btw, sorry for any and all typo's here... I was in a hurry... off to work now cyas later...

Thanks, Very cool Gidit, I just love to see the variety of modeling techniques that can be used to make a scene. Great Job! How about some cool lighting to illuminate the inside of your space corridor?

hey, your welcome Mke

actualy, the pinkish purple things are lights, I just cut down the outer glow so as you could more easily see just what was what...

Had to give it a go in C4D. Not as cool as yours but still a work in progress.

The odd blue bits are were I was trying to get a blue mist drifting from the open door.

Drawing something that is in development and will shortly exist (ie has design sketches) is a lolt easier than trying to play with ghostly lighting etc.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cor.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	8467  

WOW that's great
    Truckerette49

I agree, Turan, this is a great looking corridor you have going on here... I love the hatch/door, very cool

I think yours is much more realistic looking Less yet more... Can't wait until ya add some more space stuff to it... [thumbs up]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Drawing something that is in development and will shortly exist (ie has design sketches) is a lolt easier than trying to play with ghostly lighting etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you don't mind, I did some postwork on your image.

Nice Model Turan.

Haha, now that's looking funky Mike

hey, btw you guys... I know that it is suggested that CE has a rendering limitation of 640 x 480... which is true if you are rendering animation frames...

but... for still shots, just undock the viewport, make fullscreen size, and render away...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Haha, now that's looking funky Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sci-Fi work is a blast Gidgit.

These images/models that you and Turan made are very nice. Hope ya don't mind that I played with em.

Hi Mike...

Heck no, I don't mind... I am not only glad your having fun, but I am probably having just as much fun veiwing what your doing with em...

Looks great and grande man [thumbs up]...