Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

All good fun. Sorry by the way in all that I said, I did not mention how good the drawing looked.

I'm with Mike for you to give us a break down.

As for a sample of my work, see attached. Mostly I use the tool for work - drawing devices that are still in development.

Turan

See if you can spot any other C4D work over on www.sldi.co.uk (portfolio link)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	12538  

Hey Turan, very nice looking model ya have posted here...

real nice, and very much along the lines of the type of realism the another member Emanual creates here at TG... great stuff...

and here you would have us believeing that you be just rookie Too funny... listen Turan, no rookie just picks up an app and models this kind of realistic model.... So you have now forever lost your rookie badge, and have been promoted to... I dunno... pick a level and pick up your badge ( remember, all in good fun )

Oh man, did I wake up the C4D gang or what? lol

A walk through eh... haha, well, it started with a cube...in Wings3D... hehe...

I selected the front x face, hit F2 and moved said face in, along x, until I had a rectangle... selected the long edges via ring select (G), hit 3 and then c, then hit F12 thus scaled along z to slide these loops (verts) evenly scaling along z...

then I selected a vertical edge, hit G for ring, then 8 and c...

then I selected every other vertical edge along one side and hit G to selct rings, hit f to envoke face mode, the F5 to extrude>region>normal, and extruded out a bit... thus ending up with a base shape like this....

Name:	baseshape.gif 
Views:	495 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	14801  

Now then... ye, I know my tut is not really a tut, but... rather just a walkthrough eh ( I am pressed for time, gotta go to work in less than an hour )

anyways, now the real power tools of Wings 3d come into play... hehe

I wish to select just the extruded end caps, to extrude out a tad to give some thickness to them...

I select but one face of each of the four different sized faces that make up the end caps here... and then simply hit i which is the hot key set for select> similar... and here is the result... all faces similar have now been selected...

pretty nifty tool this select>similar...eh Let's see some other "big app " do that, hahaha...

Name:	selectsimilar.gif 
Views:	496 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	17056  

from there, I select but one face along z of the caps ( the very end face) and hit i (select sim) and thus had all the outside ends selected quick like and then hit alt/i to inset, then hit F10 to scale along z this new inset face to roughly make square... then hit F1 to move>normal these faces out a tad so as to make a flange like shape...then a small extrude for influence purposes, then extruded out a bit for a pipe, then a small influence extrude, then a extrude about the same distance as the width of the pipe, then deselected and selected the front x face and a small influence extrude, then out a bit for pipe, then influence extrude, then same pipe width extrude... now I have the above shape with pipes going out the end caps, said pipes extending out a bit then coming towards the front a bit... the simply selected the two apposing faces which were the same pipe width, and hit j to bridge... then selected one long edge on the newly bridged pipe in front and did a ring select, hit 3, hit F12 to scale along z and thus moved these loops into influence position... remember, the thing about these influence loops is that the closer they are to the bends in the pipes, the smaller the radius of the pipe bend will become...

also forgot to mention I did a inset on the front an back long faces along x where I did not make the end caps... these were for the lights... as shown in the green edges representing hard edges or creased edges in most apps

bla, bla... assigned some colors to the various sections I wished to become various parts, selected then by color and assigned hard edge to certain parts I did not wish to round out upon subding, and then duplicated this whole new object along z and then bridged in the middle via a virtical pipe created... ended up with something like this....

Name:	pipeframe.gif 
Views:	490 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	19295  

then I duplicated this whole assembly along x, then flipped new assembly along x, then selected both assemblie, duplicated along z and moved into position and I ended up with this...

Name:	pipefassemblywhole.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	1512  

With the original posting I had simply enclosed all into a set of walls, did a few bevels via inset and extrudes and ended up with the top pic after putting things into C4D for final hypernurbs dividing, texturing, fx and rendering.... etc... and then I felt a need to change the shape somewhat to conform to a more worthy space like cooridor that could be a module to piece together with more, to end up a space station like, so created a new tube looking like this....

Name:	corridortube.gif 
Views:	459 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	3742  

here's the boxy tube view...

Name:	boxytubeview.gif 
Views:	455 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	8243  

...subdivided the pipe assemblies once... in Wings

Name:	viewassmooth.gif 
Views:	467 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	5992  

and just for a comparison, here's the wire of the original tube, which was simple a cube shape and thus did not really conform to looking very space like...

Name:	originalcorridor.gif 
Views:	465 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	10486  

then we took the new tube and assembly into C4D and created a hypernurbs object, dropped the couplers (those original endcaps in the beginning) and the pipes into said hypernurbs object... did up some textures for the various color assigned in wings, area,s and now seperate objects accordinly within c4d ...

Name:	hyperc4dtube.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	12761