Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Well, a bud shared some cool tips in how to do this stuff very easily, and though I did not master the texturing by any means, hey... it's a Space Corridor, well, sort of
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacecoridor1.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	13181  

Well, a bud shared some cool tips in how to do this stuff very easily, and though I did not master the texturing by any means, hey... it's a Space Corridor, well, sort of

Cool Gidgit

Now all we need is one of Mike Bailey's creatures coming down the corridor

Thanks Ed... I dunno bout that, though it would be a cool idea indeed... would fit right in with the space/scifi subject matter no doubt

Well, I changed the shape of the hull for this ship some and thanks to some help from some good folks on another board, I managed to change the focal distance on a cam in CE so I could use it, and thus save my work... I used v8.5 trial for above pic, and this one below is done in CE...

I have to rework this hull as well as I noticed a few areas which will not work out well when further adding on more corridors and open areas... It is intended that this space station will be round with a center hub when completed, though I really don't know if my measly little puter will allow me to have the whole thing up at once... haha.. ah well, we shall see what we can do with what we have... may have to get inventive with some low poly modeling and some mapping from the high poly parts... ikes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corridorce1.jpg 
Views:	748 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	18400  

Coming along nicely Gidgit ... can't wait to see more. I always have been a sci-fi nut.

Very cool model Gidgit, what is CE ?

Hi Mike... thanx... CE is C4D v6 CE... it was the freebie given away on 3d world mag #43...

It isn't as nice as v8,5 but now that I have played with it more I am falling in love with it... it plays nicely with the files exported from Wings3d... I have all but thrown away Carrara Studio, and am now really leaning into C4D full time for hypernurbs,texturing and rendering... too funny... took me long enough eh

Hey gidgit - is this the same Gidgit that made me feel bad about using CD4v6CE?

As in "We need more C4D experts around here... did I just say that ? haha, really funny"

Could not resist this - all in good fun.

So for all us budding C4D folk is there a tip to this? and if so give us the run down.

All the best

Turan

haha, just got in the door and read your post Turan... it put a smile on my face

I didn't mean to make ya feel bad about using CE, lol...just at the time I myself really wasn't all that into it... Carrara seemed to be able to handle all that I required for texturing and rendering... I believe that I was wrong ( did I just say that? hehe )

Tip? um, well... model with Wings3D and render with C4D... how's that? haha

Seriously, there are quite a few here at TG who have far more experience with C4D than I do, so I am really not qualified to give tips on C4D just yet...

though the box modeling in Wings3d tip is a real good one no matter which version of C4D you are using, as it was built for this specific purpose

Looking forward to viewing some cool C4D projects from you Turan, and haha, thanks for the raZZ, I deserved it

Hi Gidgit, perhaps you could give us a walk through on the various parts of your model and how you made it, Its kinda hard to see what everything is.

Oh, whats this space ship look like from the outside?